De Beers Group is hiring and invites applications for the vacant post of PUMP OPERATOR at Venetia, South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine.
Closing date: 24 March 2023
The Pump Attendant represents a team of operators, responsible to assist with open pit Dewatering operations on a shift, led by the Dewatering Foreman.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Providing Pumping Operations Support
- Completing tasks to quality standards
- Ensuring availability of relevant spares, tools, materials and resources
- Executing a work instruction
- Identifying unexpected problems
- Communicating unexpected problems to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Ensuring high standard of housekeeping
- Ensuring procedural compliance of tasks
- Installations of pumps, pipes and fittings
- Operating pumps
- Reporting on condition of pumps
- Identifying process risks/threats
- Ensure that drains, sumps, pipe crossings, water trenches are all well maintained in good conditions
- Ensure all sumps and pumping areas are well demarcated according to the Mine Standard
- Establishing Interaction Between Team Members
- Ensuring safe and reliable workmanship
- Adhering to all safety, emergency and first aid procedures
- Interacting with other teams and systems
- Maintaining own safe and productive workplace
- Advising defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Ensuring team work expectations and plans are clear
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:(Education & Experience)
- Grade 12/Std 10 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualifications
- Code C1 (10) Provincial License
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine
- Will be required to undergo a Vienna Assessment and obtain the required classification
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record
- Strong Leadership skills
- Drives personal accountability and accountability within the team
- Instills a culture of disciplined execution in section
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills
- Teamwork, sound interpersonal skills and good work ethics
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with large customer database.
- Thorough understanding of hazard identification and risk assessment principles and ability to implement effective controls to manage risks within the section.
Disclaimer: All applications must be accompanied by a formal letter from the Municipality or Tribal Council on an original letterhead confirming that the applicant is from the local area.
This confirmation should have a date stamp not older than three months. Any false information provided in the application form will be investigated and may lead to formal disciplinary action that could lead to the dismissal of the employee.
This proof must be submitted along with proof of the qualification.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.