Platoon Commander x2 posts vacant at OR Tambo District Municipality
The OR Tambo District Municipality requires the services of suitable qualified persons to fill the following positions: Platoon Commander (Ref. No.: HR/10/03/23/37) (x2 posts).
Closing date: 31 March 2023
O.R Tambo District Municipality covers five Local Municipalities namely: King Sabata Dalindyebo, Mhlontlo, Nyandeni, Port St Johns, and Ngquza Hill.
- Annual Basic Salary: (R 345 135. 46 – R 448 006.66) excluding benefits.
- Position to be stationed in Mthatha, Eastern Cape
Minimum Requirements: Grade 12, 2 Year SAESI Diploma in Fire Technology,
Valid Code C1 Driver’s License with PrDP, Level III First Aid Certificate, Computer literacy Certificate coupled with 3 years’ experience.
Coordinates and contribute to the section’s Strategical Operation plan pertaining to Fire Fighting Services.
Coordinate the contribution to the Section Fire and Rescue Services Policies, Procedures and Controls pertaining to Fire Fighting Services.
Coordinating, firefighting tasks/duties. Minimizing the risk of loss of life and property.
Coordinate and contribute to the Community Services Fire and Rescue Services Financial and Asset Management pertaining to Fire Fighting Services.
Coordinate and Controls the Key Performance Indicator’s and outcomes of personnel within the Fire Fighting Services Sub Section.
Coordinate and Contribute to the Fire Fighting Services Stakeholder and Communication Process. Coordinate the reporting requirements of the functionality Fire Fighting Services.
Applications are submitted via one of the options below:
- the e-recruitment system which is accessible at the button link at the end of this article. The e-Recruitment System closes at 23:59 on the closing date. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Hand delivered or Postal: Please address your application to the Municipal Manager, O.R. District Municipality Private Bag x 6043, Mthatha, 5099, hand delivered applications should be sent to the Registry Office at Magwa House, Nelson Mandela Drive, Mthatha.
Faxed/Emailed applications will not be considered.
TAKE NOTE: Certified copies of qualifications, CV with at least three contactable references, driver’s licence and ID copies must accompany applications.
Failure to submit the documents listed above will result in disqualification.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and disclose the nature of their disability. •
If the applicant has not been notified of the results within three (3) months or (90) days from the closing date, the applicant should regard his/her application as unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to continue with the interviews and appointments if the Council feels no suitable candidate could be found.
Canvassing of Councillors/ Management is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
The O.R Tambo District Municipality subscribes to the Employment Equity Act and coloured community are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!