Applicants are invited to apply for a Quality Assurance internship position that is available at Akacia Medical & Healthcare Group in Cape Town.
Closing date: 24 March 2023
Purpose: Responsible for ensuring Akacia Medical’s products or services meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance.
Main Job Responsibility:
The incumbent will be responsible:
- To perform QA checks and visual inspection on sterile and non-sterile products when received & dispatched.
- To perform QA checks on import containers.
- To perform QA checks on the Warehouse processes.
- To provide support to all departments for resolution of quality related problems.
- To identify and assist in raising and handling of non-conforming products and transferring to Cape Town warehouse.
- To assist in Customer Complaint investigations.
- To handle returned goods from customers.
- Performing stock transfers on Exact wrt Quarantine products.
- To assist in reviewing and identifying quality improvements for Akacia Medical processes.
- To ensure that the site complies to ISO 13485: 2016 requirements.
- To prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- To assist in risk management activities.
- To adhere to company’s documented procedures.
- Conducting root-cause analysis on production and distribution related activities that do not conform to ISO13485.
- To Capture and process Customer Complaints and providing feedback to clients.
- To capture and issues Change Control numbers.
- To capture and issue Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) numbers.
Minimum Education and Experience requirements:
- National Diploma in Science, Operations Management, Production Management related studies, with 2 years working experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Medical Devices manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of ISO QMS requirements
- ISO 13485 will be an advantage.
- Pharmaceutical Experience will be an advantage.
- Conflict resolution
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Data collection, management, and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service orientation
This job description is not to be taken as the full content of the job, as other tasks might be assigned as the requirements of the job dictates.
You might be asked to assist in duties outside of this Job description due to operational requirements.
Suitable and interested candidates can summit/email their CV’s to [email protected] no later than Friday, 24/03/23.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.