South African National Roads Agency: Finance Internship Programme 2023
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) is recruiting and invites applications for the Finance Internship Programme 2023.
Location: Eastern Region – Pietermaritzburg
Stipend: R6,000 per month
The purpose of the internship is to provide exposure and experience in the Finance department at SANRAL, Eastern Region.
This exciting opportunity will enable graduates to work with skilled financial experts on various sub-section in an aim to fulfil the overall Finance Mandate.
- Equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification in Accounting or Finance
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller, the intern will be exposed to and assist with:
- Assist in checking the correctness of payment certificate and fees claim to ensure compliance of PMFA.
- Check the completeness, accurate, valid of the invoices and compliant to SCM processes. Ensuring that invoices are supported and attached to sufficient and appropriate evidence (SCM memos, PO’s and approvals). Expenses are captured in the correct period and classified in correct GL codes.
- Compare purchase order with services, goods receipt, and invoice before processing on the financial system.
- Assist in processing payments timeously for creditors in accordance with PFMA requirements.
- Capture invoices into the financial systems and ensure invoices are captured against the correct cost centre and correct general ledger.
- Ensure monthly Account Payable checklists are completed to ensure all quality controls are maintained.
- Assist the finance team with preparing the payment proposal every week.
- Ensure accounts payable month end reconciliations are reconciled monthly, within 5 days after period closure.
- Assist with the petty cash requisitions and prepare petty cash reconciliations at month end before the period closure.
- Assist the reporting team with information required for month end and financial year end
- Ensure accounts payable service is provided as per the policy & procedure
- Assist with admin duties relating to vendor accounts.
- Assist in creating customer numbers in the financial system.
- Ensure completeness of invoices issued in relation to customer agreements.
- Ensure that outstanding debt is continuously followed up as per the bad debts policy.
- Assist in preparing monthly reconciliations for all accounts receivables.
- Assist the reporting team with information required for monthly reporting.
- Assist with preparing the write-off bad debts memo’s in accordance with the existing bad debts policy.
- Assist in conducting physical asset verifications of fixed assets for the Region (Toll Plazas and the office) according to policies.
- Assist in preparing the memorandums for asset write-offs and submissions to the Asset Disposal Committee.
- Assist with forwarding of invoices to Head Office for additional assets identified.
- Responsible for the printing of assets tag and tagging of new assets and old assets.
- Perform duties assigned by the Asset Financial Controller.
- Ensure that remittance advices are forwarded to service providers after payment runs.
- Assist in coordinating the information for the AG and Internal Audit RFIs.
- Timeous submission of correct information to the Auditors.
- Perform administrative duties during Internal & External audit.
- Perform secretariat function for meetings.
- Ensure that filing is done on monthly basis.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Employment Reference Checks
Employment reference checks are a requirement as part of SANRAL’s recruitment and selection process. In order for SANRAL to conduct these checks a consent form needs to be completed and signed by the applicant.
As an applicant of this position, you authorize SANRAL to process all the information provided for the purpose of your application for the position as well as the verification and record keeping of such credentials.
Please note that this is a confidential document and is intended for internal use by SANRAL’s Human resources department only.
Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Employment Equity plan. SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only
Closing date: 24 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!