The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) is recruiting and invites applications for the Procurement Internship Programme 2023.
Location: Western Region- Bellville
The purpose of the internship is to provide exposure and experience to the graduates in the Procurement department at the various SANRAL offices relating to end – to – end Procurement processes.
This exciting opportunity will enable graduates to work with skilled Procurement specialists on various projects in an aim to fulfil the overall SCM Mandate.
- NQF Level 6 Qualification (National Diploma/Degree) in Supply Chain Management, Public Management and/or Logistics or Commerce .
- No work experience required
Under the supervision of the Procurement Officer, the intern will be exposed to and
- Compile contract document
- Maintenance and updating of the contracts register of approved contracts
- Scanning old contract documents that are still active for uploading on SAP.
- Uploading current contracts on SAP.
- Creating PO on SAP4-HANA (old contracts)
- Inform end-users timeously of contract end date to ensure timeous procurement process of the new or follow-on contracts
- Updating the Register of Awarded Contracts
- Recording of Cancelled contracts
- Maintain a folder of contract extension memos
- Prepare the project File with checklist
- Prepare the tender recording registers
- Filing (electronic and manual) of records on EDMS
- Participate on the closing and recording of bids received
- Recording of tenders received and maintaining proper records of tenders received register.
- Assist the SCM officer to ensure the procurement of goods and services in line with the SCM policy and all applicable legislation.
- Create requisitions and purchase order and ensure it matches with the business specifications
- Updating the SCM checklist for auditing purposes
- Tracking receipts of A.1.1 and acknowledgement of addenda issued
- Send letters to unsuccessful bidders
- Follow up on orders and assist with supplier registration _SAP ARIBA
- Follow up on outstanding orders
- Assist with the creation of Purchase Orders
- Assist with uploading of tenders received into EDMS
- Coordinate submission of AG and Internal Audit RFIs
- Assist with SAP data cleanup
- Perform secretariat function for meetings
- Assist with administrative duties during tender evaluations
- Draw SCM verification reports (CSD, Tax, ECSA)
- Assist with WAF verifications
Placements will be in accordance to SANRAL’s Internship policy therefore proximity of applicants to the relevant SANRAL Offices will be taken into consideration.
Closing date: 16 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.