Shoprite: Security Engineer Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 | APPLY NOW
The Shoprite Group of Companies is recruiting and invites unemployed graduates to apply for Graduate Trainee Security Engineer Programme 2023.
Location: Brackenfell, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
The purpose of the Trainee Security Engineer is to support existing security measures/control and the creation of new or enhanced security measures, and ensure that all the organisation’s computer systems, networks and platforms are protected.
This role will also coordinate security measures that effectively safeguard sensitive data in the event of a cyber-attack.
In addition, this role will be assisting with the collection of threat intelligence and automating systems to consume threat feeds and track adversaries.
The role will also participate in the development and execution of large-scale cyber security initiatives and requires an incumbent with problem-solving abilities who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a clear passion for cybersecurity and related technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the building and development of security infrastructure.
- Monitor networks and systems for security incidents.
- Participating in forensics of security incidents.
- Performing security reviews of new and existing services (IT, OT, Cloud and Software).
- Assist with installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Looking for opportunities to innovate and optimize security solutions.
- Support systems providing security features such as firewalls, and authentication.
- Liaising/consulting internally with teams on security findings to solve vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring application and audit logging for security anomalies.
- Research and evaluate security technologies and methods for recommendations to clients
- Stay abreast with emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls.
- Grade 12 certificate – (essential).
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or a related field – (essential)
- Post Graduate Degree in the above or related fields – (highly beneficial).
- Security related certifications such as Security+ and OSCP – (beneficial)
Exposure to – (Essential)
- Linux toolset and Microsoft Operating systems and/or scripting i.e., Bash or PowerShell
- Cloud environment i.e., AWS, Azure or GCP, etc.
- Programming i.e., C#, Python, Java, PHP, Perl etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 with basic Excel skills – (essential).
- Basic knowledge of ISO 27001, WLA-SCS – (beneficial)
Closing Date: 20 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!