Apply for Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2023 | US$30,000 STIPEND
The Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2023 application window is now open and qualifying students and professionals are invited to apply.
Closing date: 11 May, 2023
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields.
About the Fellowship
Students receive named Fellowships which include a monetary award. The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate.
In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor. There is no employee relationship between the student and Google as a result of receiving the fellowship.
The award does not preclude future eligibility for internships or employment opportunities at Google, nor does it increase the chances of obtaining them.
Summary of benefits:
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mento
Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Who can apply?
PhD students enrolled in African institutions, as well as undergraduates, masters students, and professionals looking to join a full-time PhD program at an African university within the same year can apply.
The applications are open directly to students with no limit to the number of students that can apply from a university.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology.
Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We currently offer Fellowships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, New Zealand, Southeast Asia and the United States.
The details of each Fellowship vary by region. Please see the FAQ for eligibility requirements and application instructions.
How to Apply
Use the button below to start submitting your application. Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC-12 (AOE) May 11, 2023.
Notification of decisions will be made in July 2023.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!