Sasol Mining is hiring Heavy Duty Driver x2 posts
Sasol Mining is hiring and invites suitably experienced persons to apply for the vacant posts of Heavy Duty Driver x2.
Geographical Area: Free State Sasolburg, Drieshaft
Short Description / Purpose of Job
A Heavy-Duty Driver is responsible for the safe transportation and timeous delivery of packages, product and materials.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Correct and safe loading, securing and offloading of direct/indirect materials at Warehouses, OME’s and Suppliers (when required)
- Taking care, custody and control of; vehicle, all assets and all relevant materials being transported.
- Know and correctly use the safety equipment on the vehicle, following correct safety procedures
- Correct use of PPE
- Check to ensure vehicle is constantly in a road worthy condition and record / report defects according to K53 guidelines
- Perform daily vehicle pre-trip inspection according to a standard checklist and report defects
- Adherence to logbook and key control requirements at all times
- First line vehicle maintenance, e.g. refuelling, tyres pressure, oil level top up, tyres change/ wheel nut torque, etc.
- Follow instructions according to job requirements
- Provide adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress
- Attend and participate in green area meeting / safety / morning / toolbox talks
- Manager/Senior Management inspection, audit findings are executed upon
- Daily activities executed according to plan
- Comply to government charter / legal frameworks
- Comply to site operational requirements and procedures
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Planning of own activities, including planning of optimal route for multiple stop points
- Attend training courses and seminars as per training matrix to improve competency and skills
- Identifies personal training and development needs and incorporate into personal development plan with supervisor’s approval
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
- Assist natural work team in daily activities
- Assist Supervisor and Transport Manager with the training of new drivers and hired labour
- Effective relationships with customers, colleagues and management
- Identify unsafe conditions and take precautionary measures
- Report unsafe conditions / situations
- Report any deviations from schedule, sample availability
- Report all defects
- Grade 12
- 5-8 years relevant driving experience
Certification & Professional Membership
- Code EC License with Pr DP
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Customer Focus: A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers and clients, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Closing Date: 23 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!