Midvaal Local Municipality is hiring General Workers x78 posts | APPLY WITH GRADE 10
Midvaal Local Municipality invites applications for the below mentioned position of General Worker.
EPWP GENERAL WORKER WASTE MANANGEMENT & PARKS SECTION x78 COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (REFERENCE: MN 3481/23)
Remuneration: R133.63 p.d (EPWP General worker daily rate) (contract period: 01 March 2023 to 28 February 2024). This is a Fixed Term Contract.
- General street sweeping, Litter Picking and refuse removal within the jurisdiction of the Midvaal local municipality.
- Assist with illegal dumping clean up.
- Do any work with or garden tools on sport fields, flowerbeds, pavements etc. to create a clean and tidy environment.
- Use garden tools to clean areas when machines are out of order or during winter months.
- Clean parks and cemeteries, clinics, libraries, sports centres, depots and other municipal facilities and buildings and perform other general works necessary.
- Put out traffic signs to warn traffic and persons about workers next to municipal roads, islands, pavements, open spaces etc
- Responsible for loading and off-loading of solid waste material and equipment of the section.
- Execution of all legal instructions from the supervisor to ensure productivity and smooth running of the section.
- Reports any injury/loss sustained while working to the supervisor to ensure prompt attendance and safety of the working area of responsibility.
- Assist customers and the public in waste disposal.
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested by management (supervisor) from time to time.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EE TARGETS: CM,WM,WF,AF,CF
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3481/23
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY (REFERENCE: MN 3477/23)
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed.
Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability).
Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting).
- Grade 10
- Grade 12 added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (must be bilingual)
- Ability to follow & execute given instructions
- Good physical health, basic skill & know how of doing physical work
- A hard-working self-disciplined person
- 0-1 year relevant experience in Waste Management and Parks
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged.
If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date: 14 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!