Safety Officer job vacancy at Anglo American | APPLY BY 07 MARCH
Anglo American’s Kumba Iron Ore unit are hiring and invite applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Safety Officer.
Location: Postmasburg, South Africa
Job purpose: You will assist line management in meeting the safety, health and environmental standards and implementing safety initiatives in their respective work areas by verifying compliance to SHE systems during inspections, audits, investigation and leadership interactions and interventions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct the physical condition inspections as per schedule and associated documentation
- Be responsible for the discussion, recording & sign-off of findings in logbook
- Collate the Capturing of information on Enablon & close out of previous findings
- Assist with updating inspection schedule
- Conduct actual investigations (only damages, MTCs, FAC’s & near misses)
- Finalising reports and getting signoff and copies of associated documents
- Follow up on corrective actions
- Engage with and Assist Chief Safety Officer with the completion of Red Files
- Facilitate the Investigation and submission of High Potential Hazards
- Support actions on the Safety Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Active participation in Safety initiatives (e.g.: VFL & STEPS)
- Conduct Internal Audit in respective areas
- Co-ordinate the Emergency drills
- Assist in the analysis of Safety Statistics
This role is in the Safety & Sustainable Development department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Section Manager Safety.
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12
- Relevant National diploma in Safety Management /Risk Management or relevant equivalent qualification
- SAMTRAC Certificate will be advantageous
- Certificate of training in OHSAS 18001/45001 System Auditing and or integrated internal auditing will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license
- You will be required to pass a medical fitness certificate to be considered for this position
- 3 years’ experience in the safety management -mining environment (preferable open cast)
- Knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act (Act 29 of 1996) and other related legislation
- Computer Literacy: MS Office: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Investigation and report writing experience
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form using the links below.
You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 07 March, 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!