KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Treasury: Internal Audit Learnership Programme 2023-2025
The Department of KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Treasury invites interested individuals to apply for an Internal Audit Learnership (structured Learning Programme) 2023-2025.
The learnership programme consists of a theoretical component and practical work experience).
The duration of the Learnership is 36 months and after completion of the Learnership Programme, the Learner will have gained credits towards an Internal Auditor qualification.
A National Diploma or Degree with Accounting and or Auditing, of which one should be a major subject
Traveling throughout the Province is an inherent requirement of the position and therefore preference will be given to candidates with a valid Driver’s License
A minimum of one year working experience in an accounting / auditing environment supported by a reference letter from previous employer will be an added advantage.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Lateral and innovative/analytical thinking
- Due professional care
- High standards of honesty, objectivity, diligence and loyalty
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Knowledge/understanding of the Modified Cash Standards and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Applicants must be:
- Prepared to relocate to Pietermaritzburg at own cost
- Prepared to undergo a selection process that will include a pre-assessment process.
- Prepared to attend formal Training Modules which will be conducted over a period of 24 months
- Prepared to undergo continuous individual performance assessments and must not have completed this programme previously.
How to apply:
The KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Treasury is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
As such it is our intention to promote and uphold representatively in the Department in terms of race, gender and disability.
The new Z83 application form for applying for employment became effective from the 1st of January 2021 and can be downloaded at the end of this article.
The new Z83 application form must be accompanied by certified copies of all educational qualifications, including senior certificate, a comprehensive CV as well as copies of an ID document and driver’s license.
No late or faxed applications will be accepted.
The Department discourages applications that are sent via registered mail and will not be held responsible for such applications which are not collected from the post office.
Should you not hear from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
It is regretted that due to the large volumes of applications received, it is not possible for the Department to acknowledge receipt of same and that only those applicants that participate in the final selection processes (interviews) are notified of the outcome.
Shortlisted candidates will have to bring a sworn affidavit stating employment status during an interview and original educational qualifications, including senior certificate.
Recommended candidates will be subjected to security screening prior employment.
Applicants, quoting the correct reference number must be forwarded to: The Head of Department, Provincial Treasury, Directorate: Human Resource Management P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200,
Or hand deliver to Treasury House,145 Chief Albert Luthuli, Pietermaritzburg, 3201 for the attention of Ms T Suleman.
NB: Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in your application being disqualified.
Enquiries to be directed to Ms L Xaba (033 897 4696).
Closing date: 15 March 2023
Please note: Successful completion of a Learnership does not mean automatic employment.
The programme is targeting people that are unemployed and preference will be given to African females and People with disabilities.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!