The South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa) is hiring and invites applications for the post of Vetting Officer (1 post) and Security Officer (4 posts).
Closing dates: 9 March and 17 March 2023
The South African Nuclear Energy Corporation was established as a public company by the Republic of South Africa Nuclear Energy Act in 1999 and is wholly owned by the State.
Necsa is embarking on exciting new Nuclear Research and Development initiatives which include the following:
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle,
- Applications of Radiation (such as production of radioisotopes),
- Reactor Engineering
The following vacancies are open in the Necsa Security Services department:
VACANCY : Vetting Officer
REF NO : IVESTIGOFF02V2
Position overview: To conduct vetting field work investigations in line with the prescripts of Necsa and relevant legislation to ensure Necsa’s classified information is secured, no unauthorised access is gained to both Necsa’s restricted installations as well as important Nuclear material/products; which may lead to negative national and international repercussions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum: 3 year National Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences (e.g Security
- Risk Management, Public Management, Criminal Justice, Police Science and Law
- related/equivalent qualification for this position
- Vetting qualification obtained with SSA
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Short courses in the following areas, analysis of information, conflict management, listening
- and interviewing skills.
- 2 – 3 years working experience in Security Vetting / Security Environment within a
- corporate/public sector organisation
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to
Closing date: 17 March 2023
VACANCY : Facility Security Officer (4 Positions)
REF NO : FACILSECUR18V2
Position overview : To take responsibility for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors and company visitors according to all statutory prescriptions, policies and security requirements for strategic
NECSA/ Vaalputs buildings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid driver’s licence: code B or higher.
- Meets vetting requirements for post.
- SAPS firearm competency for all NKP specified types.
- Grade 12 with English at least first or first additional language or relevant.
- Mathematics or mathematics literacy will be an added advantage.
- NKP certificate of competency (national certificate general security practices SAQA
58577 NQF 3 with NKP and applicable specialisation part qualifications).
Minimum experience required
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Security environment.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their CVs with certified copies of educational
qualifications to [email protected]
Closing date : 09 March 2023
Necsa Group is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting. Therefore, priority will be given
to African Females, African Males and people with disabilities, in support of achieving our
Employment Equity targets.
GENERAL: Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.