Airports Company South Africa is hiring Airport Security Screeners x3 posts
Vacancies exist at Airports Company South Africa for AVSEC Screeners (x3 posts) within the Enterprise Security and Compliance Division.
Closing date: 10 March 2023
Key Performance Output
The successful candidates will be reporting to the Supervisor Aviation Security, and will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Grant access to authorised persons entering the restricted area.
- Facilitate luggage and people into the screening point and ensure flow control in the prescribed manner.
- Screen all luggage and carry-on items to detect threat items.
- Screen all persons to detect threat items and ensure flow control.
- Perform physical screening on all identified baggage.
- Perform profiling of both bag and person, including random screening.
- Mandatory reporting of all incidents.
- Operate according to ICAO, NKP and SACAA and other relevant Legislation and all ACSA policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain sound internal and external stakeholder / customer relations whilst balancing enforcement with professionalism.
- Respond to all emergencies in the prescribed manner.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such will be required:
- A National Senior Certificate/Grade 12 is essential.
- Relevant National Diploma/Degree (NQF 6) in Security/ Law/Risk/Compliance is recommended.
- Registration with Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade A is advantageous.
- MS Office proficiency on a basic level
- Report Writing (Basic)
- English Fluency
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service Orientation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Problem Solving
Preference will be given to candidate in and around the hiring area. Below are the hiring areas. Kindly click or tap on the preferred area to view the job details and application portals.
AVSEC Screener 1 – Bram Fischer. Closing Date: Mar 10, 2023. Interested in this job? Click or tap: Apply Here.
AVSEC Screener 1 – Upington. Closing Date: Mar 10, 2023. Interested in this job? Click or tap: Apply Here
AVSEC Screener 1 – Kimberly. Closing Date: Mar 10, 2023. Interested in this job? Click or tap: Apply Here.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of their qualifications, NQF level and credits, and must be eligible for Top Security Clearance within 3 months of appointment.
Positions will be filled in line with Airports Company South Africa values and Employment Equity Policy and Plan. Should you not hear from Airports Company South Africa.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of your application, consider your application unsuccessful.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!