Sasol Mining South Africa is hiring and invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the vacant posts of Artisan: Electro Mechanic x11 posts.
Closing Date : 10 March 2023
Location : Secunda, Mpumalanga
This position will render a service at SASOL Mining Bosjesspruit Colliery to enable, support and facilitate the safe and responsible execution of Mining operations towards zero harm and sustainability through a proactive safety approach.
Core elements of job
- Good knowledge of safety management (SLAM, JSA, major hazards)
- Inspect equipment for deviations and create job cards
- Manage in section critical spares
- Do planning for maintenance and manage maintenance feedback
- Perform quality inspections on work done by other section artisans
- Able to do on-the-job training and coaching on other artisans and learners
- Assist foreman with standby duties
- Act for or relieve the foreman when he is on leave
- Assist foreman with work management process
- Able to maintain high levels of good housekeeping and standards
- High level of assertiveness
- Good Coach and Mentor
- Planning and management skills
- Currently appointed as a Senior Artisan: Electro Mechanic
- Clear knowledge relating to job specific COPs and SOPs
- Maintain all safety standards
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable Candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Grade 12/N3 or equivalent (with Maths, Science and English)
- Electro Mechanic/Millwright Trade Certificate
- Gas Testing Certificate
- Flame Proof Certificate
- Code 8 driver’s license
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Senior Artisan: Electro Mechanic
- 2 years Cable Shop/ Boiler Shop Experience
- 5 years SCADA experience
- SAP Navigation and Access experience (Wish)
- Computer literate (Wish)
- Knowledge of the work management process and implementation thereof (Wish)
Self-mastery: Takes accountability fo r driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Ability to get work done through others
- Good communication and coaching skills
- Required to work flexible and long hours
- Good Time Management and
- Be able to perform under pressure
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
S’bo Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone. S’bo is also a lover of electric vehicles andclean energy, and a climate science enthusiast. Find her thrilling articles on Climativa.com.