The Small Enterprise Development Agency (Seda) is recruiting and invites applications for the Finance and Administration Internship Programme 2023.
Seda is an agency of the South African government which provides non-financial support to small enterprises and cooperatives.
Seda has by far the biggest network of offices in the country, with 53 branches including 46 co-location points.
Its mission is to develop, support and promote small enterprises throughout the country, ensuring their growth and sustainability in co–ordination and partnership with various role players, including global partners, who make international best practices available to local entrepreneurs.
The following internship opportunity is open at Seda.
JOB TITLE: Finance and Administration Intern
DURATION: 12 Months
LOCATION: Western Cape -Provincial Office (Cape Town)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The purpose of the internship programme is to provide appropriate and relevant work experience which is in line with the intern’s qualification
KEY PERFORMANCE: Claims processing
- Administration and support
- Reporting and Compliance
- Assets Verification
- Liaising with internal customers
- Procurement Administration
- Matric (level 4)/Grade 12 and
- Degree /National Diploma in
- Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting and/or Financial Management (NQF Level 6)
- Not applicable
- Able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of accounting duties
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level Excel spreadsheet skills
- Aptitude for financial management and /or budgeting
- High level of accuracy in data entry
- Time management
- Ability to move through systems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
NB: It is the organization’s intention to promote equity and representivity in terms of race, gender and people living with disability as per the set numerical targets contained in the organizational Employment Equity Plan (EE Plan).
To ensure compliance and successful implementation of the EE Plan, all applicants should indicate their race, gender and disability status in their curriculum vitae (CV).
Previously Disadvantaged Individuals are encouraged to APPLY
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within three months of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
Proposed offers will be made from Minimum to Midpoint as advertised.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] Please state the position and office you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing Date: 07 March 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.