Premier FMCG: Sales Graduate Programme 2023 in Gauteng
Premier FMCG (Pty) Ltd are recruiting and invite recent South African graduates to apply for the Sales Graduate Programme 2023 in Midrand, Gauteng.
|Job Title||Sales Graduate|
Premier FMCG is a South African based company with a distribution footprint across Southern Africa, East Africa and the UK.
Founded in 1820, Premier FMCG has expanded from its core heritage in milling and baking into multiple categories, including strong heritage brands like Snowflake, Iwisa No 1, Blue Ribbon, Lil-lets, Manhattan Sweets, Mister Sweet and Super C.
Purpose of the role:
Assist National Customer Managers to develop and maintain customer relationships on behalf of Premier, in order to maintain and grow profitable market share, in alignment with channel & organisational strategic objectives.
Shadow National Customer Managers to gain Business, Customer, Shopper, Consumer & Industry knowledge (attend Sales & cross-functional Invocoms, customer buyer meetings, seminars, workshops etc.)
– Attend annual Marketing Brand Plans & Customer Account Plans workshops to assist National Customer Managers in order to develop and implement Customer Account Plans
– Assist National Customer Managers to implement and achieve brand objectives and ensure first to market with innovation
– Build Customer Reviews before customer meetings, draw up Customer Contact Reports after customer meetings, and follow up on action points noted in Customer Contact Reports – to ensure effective customer management
– Check promotional grid compliance weekly to ensure promotions are taking place, and communicate any discrepancies
– Measure promotional effectiveness (through internal sales and DataOrbis data) to establish return on investment (of promotions), and communicate suggestions to National Customer Managers quarterly
– Monitor returns and give feedback to National Customer Manager to discuss with customer to effectively manage returns / claims
– Make use of various business intelligence platforms (e.g. Premier BI, DataOrbis portal, Citizen Newspaper portal, internet) to keep up to date with the ever changing competitive environment, to assist Premier to pro-actively manage the trading landscape and stay a step ahead of competitors (Competition Commission articles, South African trading landscape, global & industry trends, Premier & competitor pricing in trade, Premier & competitor innovation in trade, Customer articles), and share insights weekly with National Customer Managers.
– Regularly checks and correction of product descriptions on Premier BI / Customer portals to avoid incorrect information pulling through on systems resulting in inacurate data reporting
– Arrange quarterly Trade & Shop visits to check pricing and availability, and provide National Customer Managers with a report including photos, to ensure the correct products are listed (and available) in the correct stores at the correct prices
– Build good working relationship with Premier Departments and Service Providers (e.g. Pack n Stack) to ensure cross-functional efficiencies
– Actualize Individual Development Plan to assist with self development in the role of National Customer Manager as well as embrace an effective leadership culture (training to be included: Premier BI, DataOrbis portal, Invocom Skills, The Premier Way, Premier Customer Academy)
– Familiarise with relevant Policies / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure compliance with Premier policies and procedures
‘- Grade 12
– Bcom Degree
‘- Must be willing to travel
– Work in high-pressure environment
– Able to adapt to change
‘- Microsoft Office Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook
– Understanding customer systems
– Attention to detail (deals, customer reviews and customer contact reports need to be accurate)
– Good general business acumen
– Numerical skills (margin vs mark up calculations essential)
– Analytical skills and thinking
– Premier product / service and process knowledge
– Influencing and negotiation skills
– Must be assertive
– Understanding customer trading terms
– Good organisational and planning skills
– Must be a good leader
– Good written and verbal communication
– Relationship building – ongoing everyday with customers
– Time management & being punctual
– Know your competitor product, tactics, results, and be one step ahead of them
– Continuously keep up to date with market trends and innovation
– Must be aware of industry and customer acronyms
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!