City of Johannesburg Group Finance Department: Internships 2023
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Group Finance Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
REMUNERATION: (Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Thuso House, 61 Jorissen Street, Braamfontein
The internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or any relevant diploma at NQF level 6;
- No experience required;
- Additional education in social media /Digital Marketing Management;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
- Develop, communicate and maintain a healthy working relationship with internal business units, entities key stakeholders and peers;
- To efficiently and effectively manage the operational assets and resources o the subdivision cost effectively in accordance with the legislative framework of the City’s policies and procedures;
- Provide and keep accurate records with in and keep information for the department and to have standardized work procedure.
- Computer literacy – (Microsoft Office application- Word, Excel);
- Good communication skills
- Customer service skills;
- Coordinating skills;
- Project management skills;
- Attention to detail and provide in accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and to enjoy working as a member of a team;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines;
- Knowledge of the local governance environment, marketing Principles;
- Knowledge o relevant standards as well as the statutory and regulatory framework within which the Supply Chain management processes;
|Contact Person:||Annastasia Mudau|
|Tel No:||(011) 358 3412|
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
Provide administrative support coordination and support in implementing Marketing and Events Strategy so that efficient, effective and appropriate marketing messages are provided to internal and external stakeholders and to ensure that the Group finance is marketed and promoted well.
This involves a wide range of tasks, including assisting with the execution and creation of marketing campaigns, assisting with the running of events, social media management, administrative tasks- including the compilation of campaign reports and preparation of stakeholder presentations and other office management duties.
Basic design (Adobe Creative Cloud), Assist with website Maintenance and graphic design abilities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Procuring of events, marketing collateral, items and services to be purchased for the Marketing and events unit in terms of tender regulations;
- Administer office Management, Marketing, Campaigns, Special Projects and events Management;
- Build relationship and respond to the questions / queries of Group Finance units in a timely, accurate and honest manner. Provide administrative support in relation to the unit and coordination of Marketing and events Bid Procurement Committee meeting procurement Committees meetings proceedings;
- Build relationships and work effectively with colleagues to implement the directorate strategy;
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of the department event and marketing activities and assessing them against goal;
- Research of emerging marketing trends and providing thought advice and perspective for adoption where appropriate;
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted: Credit Record, CV validation and Employment record verification, Criminal check, and Identity validation.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 07 MARCH 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!