Apply for Research Assistant opportunity at Stellenbosch University
A Research Assistant opportunity has arisen in the Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences at the Stellenbosch University.
Closing date: 15 March 2023
This study is sponsored by the Boston Medical Center in Boston, MA, USA, and funded by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The study aims to elucidate the relationship between HIV and multidrug-resistant TB in the Western Cape. The incumbent will be based in Worcester.
- Bachelour’s degree, with a focus in Health Sciences, will be preferable;
- Fluency in isiXhosa or some level of isiXhosa preferred;
- At least two letters of recommendation required, but three will be preferred.
- Some college coursework, with a focus in Health Sciences, completed;
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Afrikaans;
- Previous research experience, as well as a good understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP);
- Must be able to work and be based in Worcester, Western Cape, from Monday to Friday;
- Computer literacy in MS Word and Excel.
Essential prospective cohort duties:
- Conducting screening and enrolling participants, explaining research procedures, obtaining informed consent, and conducting interviews with participants;
- Coordinating specimen collection and specimen processing;
- Performing data collection and data entry. Maintaining clear, concise, accurate, and legible records;
- Scheduling study visits and providing reminder calls;
- Stock management;
- May assist with preparing and maintaining regulatory records;
- Providing assistance with other administrative tasks in support of the clinical research studies, such as handling telephone calls, scanning, filing, and photocopying;
- Participating in staff meetings/initiatives, including appropriate quality improvement and education activities, or if unable to attend non-mandatory activities, accepting responsibility to review meeting minutes and becoming knowledgeable about the issues.
How to Apply
Stellenbosch University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as the institutional EE Plan of the University.
Stellenbosch University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and email addresses of at least three referees), must reach the University
before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers BY USING THE APPLY NOW LINK AT THE TOP RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE SPECIFIC VACANCY PAGE.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Enquiries regarding this post: Mr. Selvin Marroquin at [email protected], or Dr. Nandi Niemand on 083 756 2707, or at [email protected].
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits, as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre
on 021 808 2753, or at [email protected].
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!