2023 Finance Internship Programme at Sonke Gender Justice
Applications are invited for the 2023 Finance Internship Programme at Sonke Gender Justice.
Closing date: 3 March 2023
Sonke is a South African-based non-profit organisation working throughout Africa.
We believe women and men, girls and boys can work together to resist patriarchy, advocate for gender justice and achieve gender transformation
Founded in 2006, Sonke is a women’s rights organisation that is committed to feminist principles, using a rights-based and gender transformative approach to achieve human rights and gender justice.
Our vision is a poverty-free world in which women, children, men and gender non-conforming individuals enjoy equitable, caring, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of gender just and democratic societies.
Sonke strengthens governments, civil society and citizen’s capacity to advance gender justice and women’s rights, prevent gender-based violence and reduce the spread of HIV and the impact of AIDS, and in this way contribute to social justice and the elimination of poverty.
About this internship
The Finance intern will be based in the Finance Unit (Cape Town) and will work closely with the Finance Unit Manager and the Creditors Controller, working on a range of Finance administrative tasks.
During your internship, you will work with all aspects of Finance which will include the following:
- Assist the finance team with ad-hoc tasks to ensure smooth running of the unit
- Reconcile purchase orders to invoice
- Collating and preparing documents for payments
- Data capturing
- Support the loading of electronic payments
- Assist with office and administrative duties to the Credit Controller and/or unit Manager
- Other related duties
Qualifications and Competencies required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Auditing.
- Basic Accounting skills are required
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Ms Excel
- Previous experience with spreadsheets an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
Interested applicants should submit their CV, including 2 references and a motivational letter to [email protected]
The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!