HSRC is recruiting for Data Assistants x8 in KwaZulu-Natal with Grade 12
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is looking for a suitably qualified persons to take on the responsibilities of data assistant x8 posts for research projects implemented at the Sweetwaters office.
Location: Sweetwaters, KwaZulu-Natal
Closing date: 21 February 2023
The successful candidates will be assigned to provide data support to multi-year projects conducting research in the community setting.
This position is offered on a 13 month contract.
- Grade 12
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in data entry, able to capture data efficiently and accurately
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the research environment identifying data collection errors and facilitating corrections according to good clinical practice guidelines
- Able to understand and implement the data processing procedures for multiple project as per the approved project protocol
- Able to engage and work closely within the component, and with project personnel to ensure the highest standards of data quality and adherence to the study protocol
- Willingness to work over weekends as and when required
- Ability to speak both isiZulu and English.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for assigned projects, leading data processing and quality checking per the project protocol
- Supervise issue and receipt of study documentation
- Data transmission and data downloads from data collection and processing tools
- Ensuring timely data entry within agreed benchmarks for completion and data quality
- Filing and document management and archival for assigned projects
- Identifying and flagging missing data for resolution
- Query resolution and reporting
- Quarterly data audits
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- 3 year tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Commitment to working as part of a multi-disciplinary research team
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to problem solve, and to be well organised
- Ability to actively contribute to team performance and work independently
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!