HSRC is hiring Data Collectors x10 with Grade 12 in KwaZulu-Natal
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is inviting applications for the vacant post of Data Collectors x10 posts.
|Location – Town / City||Sweetwaters|
|Location – Province||KwaZulu-Natal|
HSRC seeks to appoint suitably qualified persons to take on the responsibilities of Data Collector for research projects implemented at the Sweetwaters office.
The Data Collector will report to a designated team leader and work closely with the research study team and other site support staff to successfully implement this function.
- Grade 12;
- At least 2 years relevant counselling and facilitation experience;
- Demonstrated proof of counselling experience and training;
- Fluency in isiZulu and English;
- Demonstrated computer literacy;
- Good interpersonal, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines;
- Relevant knowledge of HIV/AIDS;
- Willingness to work after hours and over weekends and in rural communities;
- Code B unendorsed driver’s license.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- 1 year, Code E or similar, unendorsed driver’s license;
- Sound written and verbal communication skills;
- Exposure to research or data collection activities;
- The ability to work accurately, independently and in a team;
- Good interpersonal, organisational, administrative and problem solving skills;
- Familiar with the functioning of a smartphone (able to install and uninstall apps);
- Technologically savvy.
- Participate in the development and refinement of the data collection process;
- Delivering the highest standard of HIV counselling and facilitation services;
- Facilitating HIV information sessions in various community settings;
- Conduct point of care assessments and rapid assays from finger-prick;
- Referring to appropriate services in their communities;
- Tracking and tracing selected patients for study activities;
- Maintaining regular documentation and records of all daily activities;
- Assisting the project manager in achieving all stipulated QA/QC targets;
- Collecting data and completing research field forms or/and any other survey activities;
- Documenting patients care status;
- Comfortable asking personal questions to collect data from participants;
- Recruiting and screening participants according to eligibility criteria to determine participation in the study;
- Working with the community programmes and stakeholder relations unit to conduct community preparation and mobilisation activities;
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with local community stakeholders;
- Ensuring bio-hazardous waste is disposed of according to waste management guidelines;
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of participant information;
- Collecting data from patient files within PHC clinics and CHCs;
- Carrying out any other activities deemed necessary for the effective and productive functioning of the team.
How to Apply
Please refer to the relevant buttons below to apply or to view further information.
Closing date: 21 February 2023
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!