Apply now for the MTN GlobalConnect Graduate Internships 2023 in Gauteng
MTN GlobalConnect in Gauteng, South Africa, invites applications for the Graduate Programme 2023: Marketing and Corporate Affairs.
MTN GlobalConnect is a digital Pan-African wholesale and infrastructure services company, an operating company in the MTN Group.
The company is evolving rapidly to build much-needed infrastructure that will stitch African countries together, connecting them to the rest of the world and utilising our portfolio of fixed connectivity and wholesale mobility services.
They are driven by our belief to enable the benefits of modern connected life for everyone.
As a Marketing and Communication graduate, are you eager to grow and learn new skills in an exciting environment, we have a good opportunity for you to join our global team.
You will be required to provide end-to-end support to the Marketing and Communications department to ensure the successful delivery of projects for the MTN GlobalConnect business globally.
Key Performance Areas:
You will be required to work closely with the Marketing Manager and Communications Manager to provide the following support:
Marketing support requirements:
- Event Marketing – Support the Marketing Manager with customer events requirements and administer end-to-end arrangements to ensure the successful delivery of the event requirements.
- Agency Coordination – Work with the marketing manager to support the execution of the design brief and produce the required collateral.
- Merchandise: Support the marketing team with design, production, storage, and delivery of branded merchandise stock in an organised fashion.
- Media Daily Alerts: Scan daily news alerts online for MTN, MTN GlobalConnect, competitor and industry news. Share and align with Corporate Affairs Manager.
- Mailbox: Daily monitoring of MTN GC Mailbox – alert/align Communications Manager on queries and comments received through the mailbox.
- Content Collation: Adhoc information sourcing for case studies/ communication collateral compilation (deliverables to be outlined by communications manager).
- Social Media Support: Review content planning with the Communications manager. Alert team to queries and comments received on the platforms.
- Content Ideas: Share ideas with the Communications manager to drive ideation and innovation on social voice, storytelling, and content for the brand.
- Events Tracker – Coordinate and manage event dates and supporting deliverables in a tracking document to ensure on-time delivery. This includes managing the logistics to and from the event venue locally or globally.
- Supplier Management – Manage Procurement process to support specific projects and act as the primary interface with suppliers on their briefed deliveries. Manage supplier payment process/status from A-Z.
- Procurement Tracking – Co-ordinate and manage a Procurement Tracker to ensure a central repository and status of PO’s and payments.
- PR Tracker – Co-ordinate and manage PR Tracker of media enquiries and responses.
- Media Tracker – Update weekly media tracker with news alerts gathered from the week.
- Calendar Management – Work with the team to centrally coordinate and/or manage centralised calendars for the department activities.
Being an active member of the team, we will require you to participate in achieving a common goal. Add input in the team discussions and put it into practice.
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organised with a sense of detail.
- A native understanding of digital marketing platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, email marketing, Online analytics, online platforms).
- Exquisite communication and people skills.
- Minimum 4 Year bachelor’s degree in equivalent specialization (Marketing or Business Administration)
- English and additional language is an advantage.
- Worked across diverse culture and geographies.
Head – Big Picture Focus
- Decisive Problem Solver – Has the mental agility to identify business challenges and explore effective solutions through effective influencing.
- Best Practice Value Creator – Encourages commercial innovation and continuous improvement for systems, processes, products, and service offerings.
- Open to learning new things, actively participates in opportunities for learning.
- Has a high ability to learn, is able to quickly grasp new concepts and gain knowledge very quickly, open to new ideas and ways of doing things. Exposes self to things outside of comfort zone, reads a broad range of relevant material.
Heart – Emotionally Intelligent:
- Culture and Change Champion – Role models ethical practices by living the MTN GlobalConnect values and vital behaviours for others to follow.
- Manages Self – Is self-aware and can work independently. Is able to coordinate tasks and agile to work across different projects.
- Relationship Builder – Builds relationships across the business to influence decision-makers and build team credibility.
- Proactive: Being enterprising, bold, and driven and creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.
Hands – Results Focused:
- Results Achiever – Produces sustainable divisional results through ethical practices.
- Operationally Astute – Sets priorities, plans, organizes and coordinates the work of others.
- Accountable: Responsible and take liability for the work done, if you say you will do something then it gets done,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related design software.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!