Transnet is hiring General Duties Artisans x40
Transnet is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the General Duties Artisans x40 vacancies.
Operating Division: Transnet Property
Position Title: Artisan x40
Employee Group: Permanent
Department: Facilities Management
To provide a property maintenance service through excellent workmanship.
The primary focus encompasses maintenance, repair and minor new-works interventions in the trades of plumbing, carpentry, painting, shop-fitting, glazing, welding and basic masonry.
Maintenance, repairs and minor new and existing works.
Quality Inspections of all maintenance work performed by department and external contractors.
Adherence to all legislative requirements e.g. OSH Act, company policies and procedures, environment, etc.
Identify and assess level of continuous risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
Planning of the work order spares and determining the scope.
Provide relevant feedback to the supervisor on equipment performance.
Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled repairs
Perform allocated tasks and oversee assistants and contractors
Ensure that material, spares and equipment’s are available as required
Participate in risk-identification and safe and healthy matters.
Participate in accident and incident investigations
Discuss work backlog and future work requirements with the Supervisor and plan corrective measures to rectify e.g. rescheduling, prioritising, labour assistance, etc.
Attend to defects raised through various detection processes and provide reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection mechanisms
Regular housekeeping and maintenance of machines to required standard (Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of machines
Administration and coordination
- Time keeping.
- Assist managing resource (Material and labour) requirement Stand-by Duties Vehicle log sheet
- Special requests and problem solving.
Plumbing: (high frequency)
- Water reticulation systems such as taps, piping and geysers.
- Drainage and sewerage systems.
- Toilets, urinals, baths, basins and showers.
- Sprinkler and watering systems. Carpentry: (regular)
- Cupboards and shelving.
- Ad-hoc requests.
- Ceiling repairs and minor installations
- Interior walls, ceilings windows and diverse fittings.
- Exterior walls, roofs, guttering and diverse fittings.
- Road marking.
- Fixtures such as poles and signs.
Shop-fitting: (high frequency)
- Geysers (non-electrical).
- Classroom equipment such as white boards and rails.
- Office fitting.
- Structural, such as walls, ceilings and flooring.
- Locks and keys.
- Ad-hoc requests.
- Roads and paving.
- Use of hand and power tools
- Fences and gates.
- Compliance to safety standards and legislation
- Working at heights and sometimes in confined spaces.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 / N3 (minimum)
- Formal Trade Test Certificate: plumbing or
- Qualification(s) from a recognised training institution in plumbing and either painting, shop-fitting, carpentry or welding.
At least three years of experience in the field of civil maintenance, with plumbing or shop-fitting as one of the disciplines.
Experience in other areas of civil maintenance will be an advantage.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet, accessible by clicking the APPLY HERE button below.
Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 2 February 2023
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to [email protected].
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!