As an Advisory sale off cycle intern you’ll:
- Understand how cash equities work, are bought and sold and what drives stock prices .
- Learn equity valuation techniques (DCF , peer multiple analysis etc), delve into the relationship between macroeconomics and financial markets, become able to assess the impact of incoming news and generate trade ideas.
- Help our senior sales to build idea pitches for major Pan European Asset managers, Pension funds and Hedge Funds.
- Develop and present to the team your own investment ideas interacting with the UBS research department across the globe.
- Assist the local team in organizing and executing analyst and corporate roadshows.
- Support the Advisory sales team in all aspects of client relationship management and internal reporting.
You’ll be working in the Global Markets team, looking after professional investors like asset managers and fund managers.
You’ll give them advice and do everything that’s needed to buy and sell securities for them. From start to finish.
You’ll be able to draw on the strength of our platforms, products, services and people worldwide to give your clients whatever they need.
You need to be in the last two years of your degree and have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
– analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
– plan, organize and communicate well
– make things happen
– stick with a task
– work in a team
– come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging?
Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
On this internship, you’ll be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it.
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, we might invite you to join our Graduate Talent Program once you’ve graduated.
Our off-cycle internships typically last 3-6 months. Ideally we are looking for someone to start in Q1.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank.
Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone.
We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact? Closing date: 31 Mrch 2023.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.