The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a self-motivated individual to provide Human Resource administrative support services for Recruitment, Selection, Appointments, Service Benefits and Performance Management to the SANBI staff including managing compliance matters related to Human Resource legislation, polices, procedures, processes, systems, and frameworks.
- Pretoria National Botanical Garden – Reference Number: HR/006/2022.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden – Reference Number: HR/007/2022
- National Zoological Garden – Reference Number: HR/008/2022.
This position requires an advanced diploma or degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 7.
Postgraduate qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 8 will be an added advantage.
This position also requires 3 years’ experience in relevant field of the Human Resources Management.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position:
- comprehensive knowledge and experience in managing, coordinating, and administering recruitment, selection, appointment, and performance management matters;
- proven ability managing, coordinating, and administering of termination of service, leave, and service conditions;
- in-depth knowledge and experience of personnel salary system (PERSAL);
- registration with South African Board for Personnel Practices will be advantageous;
- willingness to work extended hours;
- sound knowledge for providing inputs into Human Resource Management strategy;
- extensive knowledge and experience about legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks pertaining to human resources management;
- comprehensive experience and understanding of governance, compliance, risk, and legal matters related to human resources management;
- excellent project and event management skills;
- knowledge about financial, budgeting, and procurement management practices, policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- extensive knowledge and experience of targeted selection interview method;
- excellent job analysis, profiling and evaluation training;
- advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Internet & Outlook).
The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel nationally.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Champion human resource administration and coordination;
- Coordinate and administer recruitment, selection and appointment of staff;
- Champion management and coordination of leave and service conditions;
- Administration of termination of service; and
- Administration of performance management activities.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Mr Mzekelo Mpatani
Tel.: +27 (0)12 843 5229
Closes: Tuesday, 15 November 2022
Job type: One year fixed-term contract
Location: Pretoria and Cape Town
Salary: R261 372.00 per annum