Impala Platinum Holding Limited (Implats) is a leading producer of platinum group metals (PGMs). Implats has six mining operations and the toll refining business, Impala Refining Services.
Our mines are located on three of the most significant PGM deposits in the world: the Bushveld Complex in South Africa, the Canadian Shield in North America and the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe.
Implats’ mining operations include Impala Rustenburg, Zimplats, Marula, Impala Canada’s Lac des Iles, Mimosa and Two Rivers The Group’s head office is located in Johannesburg.
Implats is an equal opportunity mining company committed to transformation, excellence and the recruitment of individuals who have the potential, attributes, and passion to thrive in a changing and goal-orientated environment.
Implats invites applications to fill the posts of Graduate Intern: Chemical Engineer to be based at Johannesburg Metropolitan Area (on-site).
CLOSING DATE: 09 OCTOBER 2022
COMMENCEMENT DATE: January 2023
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Implats is committed to youth skills development by providing post-graduates with an opportunity to gain relevant work experience required for the PGM industry and for the graduate to provide technical, engineering and management support to the operations during rotational work experience to ensure the operational objectives are met.
Innovation is also required for technical and business improvement projects.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- NQF Level 7 qualification in Chemical Engineering / Metallurgy from an approved tertiary institution is essential.
- In depth understanding of Chemical Engineering principles and or Metallurgical principles.
- Medically fit for different operations (Concentrator Operations / Smelting Operations / PMR / BMR)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Successful completion of a set twenty-four (24) months internship training program that will enhance general knowledge of the PGM industry and overall exposure to technical, safety and managerial aspects of engineering within a production environment.
- Attending all required training & development course interventions as identified.
- Submit reports as per training requirements.
- Provide technical support to operational areas to enable the company to meet its business plan and operational targets.
How to Apply
PLEASE REGISTER ON THE PNET JOB PORTAL – WWW.PNET.CO.ZA AND APPLY ONLINE.
You may also access the application page on Implats Easy Apply.
FORWARD CV WITH COPIES OF YOUR ID, QUALIFICATION, STATEMENT OF RESULTS AND A LETTER FROM THE TRAINING INSTITUTION CONFIRMING THAT ALL SUBJECTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECTED TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENTS – IMPALA PLATINUM LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS, YOUR APPLICATION CAN BE VIEWED AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EMPLOYEES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS IN LINE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT, THE COMPANY’S RECRUITMENT POLICY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLAN.
IMPALA PLATINUM LIMITED COMPLIES WITH THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROCESSED IN A LAWFUL, LEGITIMATE, AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, YOU GIVE YOUR EXPRESS & INFORMED CONSENT TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES.