Job vacancies for the posts of DRIVER have arisen at the Gauteng Department of Health, Gauteng, South Africa.
The Gauteng Provincial Government is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The province is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment.
In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
DRIVER SALARY REF NO: CHBAH 575 (X 2 POSTS)
Directorate: Logistics (Transport)
- R124 434 per annum (Level 3)(Plus Benefits)
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH)
- Abet Level 4 or Grade 10.
- Code 10/C1 drivers’ licence with valid PDP drivers permit.
- 2-5 years’ experience in driving.
- Basic knowledge of the legislative framework and processes related to handling of vehicles in government.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Must be prepared to engage in intensive labour practices.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently an in a team.
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels.
- Ability to organize and plan.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to handle tasks of multidisciplinary nature.
- Good customer skills and competencies.
- Knowledge of Labour Relations processes.
- Must be prepared to work shifts which includes, fixed, after hours, night duty, weekends and public holidays.
- Knowledge of the Batho Pele Principals.
- Applicant should be prepared to undergo drivers testing and medical surveillance as an inherent job requirement.
- Execute all authorized transportation trips of patients, staff, records, linen to relevant destinations.
- Check the level and condition of fuel, water, oil and tires every time before driving a vehicle.
- Complete the vehicle inspection form after checking vehicle for any problems (e.g., dents and scratches) and report dents and scratches on vehicles.
- Report and complete the accident report when involved in a motor vehicle accident immediately.
- Report minor and major defects on the vehicle to supervisor.
- Responsible for safekeeping of vehicle keys, while vehicles are in use.
- Responsible for spare wheel, jack and all other tools in vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean and in a good condition before handing back the keys at the end of the shift.
- Report low fuel level to Despatcher at the end of your shift.
- Always comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act prescripts and procedures.
- Complete vehicle lock book as prescribed by legislations.
- Attend to enquiries in a professional manner and give guidance and advice.
- Promote the safekeeping of the vehicles from damages.
- Comply with the rotation roster.
- Adhere to all legal instructions given to you written or verbally by a senior staff member.
- Adhere to timelines.
- Attend meetings and training as approved by the supervisor.
- Comply with the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS).
- Transporting of patients to various hospitals and/or internal hospital trips.
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY).
- The information on the new Z83 must be in sync with the Curriculum Vitae.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- The Department reserves the right to fill or not to fill this position(s).
Applications must be delivered directly to: The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital from 8am to 3pm at Ground Floor, Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Ms J. van Rensburg Tel No: (011) 933-8425
- Deadline is 21 October 2022
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.