Job vacancies for the posts of COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRACTITIONER have arisen in the Gauteng Department of Social Development, South Africa.
The Gauteng Department of Social Development is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.
It is the department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRACTITIONER REF NO: SD/2022/09/103 (x20 POSTS)
- R220 923 – R438 945 per annum (within the OSD Framework) (plus 37 % in lieu benefits)
- Head Office (Johannesburg)
- A three-year tertiary qualification in Community Development, Development Studies or Social Science (with Community Development as method).
- Knowledge and understanding of community work, skills, attitudes and values of communities, human behaviour and social systems and legislation to assist with interventions at the points where people interact with their environment in order to promote self-empowerment.
- The ability and competence to co- ordinate community development structures and ability to manage projects.
- The ability to influence individuals and groups to participate in their own self- empowerment
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication, report writing, problem solving, planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office package.
- Identify, plan, and facilitate the implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other relevant stakeholders for effective empowerment of communities to achieve sustainable livelihood.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all relevant role players, internal and external stakeholders (e.g. departments/provinces, NGO’s, local community structures and faith based organizations) to facilitate collaboration and to establish partnership to ensure the sustainability of development actions within the community.
- Support communities and perform administrative support on community development and related activities.
- Keep up to date with new developments in the community development field to enhance service delivery.
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Send your application to: The Gauteng Department of Social Development. 69 Commissioner Street or Private Bag X 35 Johannesburg 2000 for attention Mr ST Mmakola Tel: 011 227 0250
NB: The selection and appointment of candidates is subject to positive vetting against the Sexual Offences Register (SOR) and verification requirements as per government policy and procedure.
- Mr ST Mmakola Tel: 011 227 0250
- Deadline is 14 October 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.