Job vacancies for the posts of ASSISTANT PRINTERS have arisen in the Government Printing Works of South Africa.
The Government Printing Works is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment
It is the department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
PRINTERS ASSISTANT REF NO: GPW22/49 (X28 POSTS)
- R147 459.per annum (Level 4)
- Grade 10 or equivalent qualification.
- Numerical proficiency.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Grade 12 will be added advantage.
- Need to work extended hours and night shift when necessary and when required.
- Knowledge of the printing environment.
Successful candidates will be performing general assistant assisting and supporting Artisans in operating Finishing and Packaging equipment such as:
- CMC mechanical packaging machines,
- Saddle-stitching /Gang-stitching, stapling, sewing, guillotines, folding, side stitching, gluing. Packing in boxes,
- Moving, loading and offloading of printing production materials,
- Assist in quality assurance and control on printed and unprinted materials,
- General housekeeping, cleaning duties and adherence to Health and Safety standards and procedures,
- Operate gluing machines and assist artisans with binding of books.
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Send your application to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, Private Bag X85, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to: 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria.
- Mr. T.H. Khumalo Tel No: (012) 748 6329
- Deadline is 17 October 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- Join our Telegram channel. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!