The IMF is inviting applications from Experienced Macroeconomists to join the Mid-Career Economist Pipeline – a competitive pool of ready-to-hire Macroeconomists for all internal economist positions at the Fund.
As an IMF Economist, you will:
- Join one of the largest teams of economist focused on macroeconomics anywhere in the world.
- Contribute to a wide range of challenging policy issues that span different branches of economics by providing analysis, policy, and program design, and capacity development to help our member countries address their specific economic challenges.
- Work from our headquarters in Washington DC to build collaborative relationships with colleagues across the IMF, as well as with key institutions, authorities, and leaders around the world to develop creative solutions to evolving global economic challenges.
We will conduct Regional Recruitment Outreach Missions to Sub-Saharan Africa from November 7-18, 2022, aimed at engaging with and interviewing experienced economists from across the continent.
The recruitment outreach mission will conduct interviews using several countries within the region as hubs, namely – Cote d’ Ivoire, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa and Kenya. Candidates will be interviewed at one of the hubs closest to them.
We are seeking experienced macroeconomists who have:
- An advanced degree (master’s/PhD) in macroeconomics or a related field such as monetary economics, financial economics, public finance, international trade, or econometrics;
- Relevant professional experience at the national and regional levels in macroeconomic policy, quantitative techniques, and country surveillance, usually gained in a central bank, ministry of finance, or international financial institution.
- Experience in a research institute or academia is also acceptable if it is combined with some exposure to macroeconomic policy making. Specific credentials are:
- PhD with three to ten years of relevant work experience;
- Master’s with seven to fourteen years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative modeling and econometrics to support analysis and policy formulation;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with member country authorities.
As the Fund continues to fulfil its mandate, engagements are deepening on the macro-critical policy areas listed below, and we are keen to hear from macroeconomists with expertise in climate change, digital money, gender, inclusion and good governance.
In addition, as the Fund strengthens our engagement with fragile and conflict-affected states (FCS) and helping countries to exit from fragility, we welcome applications from macroeconomists passionate about working on Low Income Countries and Fragile States.
We will conduct an initial screening based on your application form and supporting documentation. If you are successful in meeting our initial criteria, you will receive an invitation to participate in a video interview.
If selected following your HireVue interview, you will receive an invitation for a preliminary interview in one of the countries being used as a regional hub.
The IMF will cover the travel, hotel and per diem costs for all shortlisted candidates invited for interview in the relevant hubs. Successful candidates will then be invited to participate in final assessments comprising of a panel interview, written test and technical presentation.
Applications are welcome from candidates across the Sub-Saharan Africa region. We are keen to hear from adaptable, talented, and technically competent candidates who are intent on finding creative ways to address today’s global economic challenges.
If you are interested in being part of a team that contributes to promoting economic stability on a global stage, we welcome your application.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Qualified candidates across Sub-Saharan Africa are encouraged to apply. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hiring For: A12, A13
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
To view more details and apply for this exciting opportunity, click or tap on the button below.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.