Cashbuild is the largest retailer of building materials and associated products, selling directly to cash-paying customers through its 319 (and growing) stores in South Africa and other countries.
Cashbuild which employs 6 238 people, comprises Cashbuild Limited and the operating subsidiaries registered in the abovementioned countries.
Cashbuild is the first-choice retailer in its chosen field in all the regions in which it operates. It achieves this by carrying a focused in-depth quality product range at the most competitive prices, to meet the needs of the local market for homebuilders, home improvers, contractors, farmers, traders and any persons wanting to purchase our quality building materials for cash.
- Accurate handling of all Point of Sale (POS) transactions and documentation, thereby ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that no goods / stock pass through the Point of Sale (POS) without it being paid for.
- Grade 12 or minimum of 1 (one) year work related experience
- Ability to communicate in English and the dominant language spoken in the geographical area where the position is available
- Ability to perform basic calculations accurately
- Must have strong administration skills
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends, and Public Holidays
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ensure that all cash (including floats, and petty cash) allocated to you balance (No shorts and overs)
- Ensure goods are correctly identified and captured on the Point-of-Sale Terminal.
- Capture the correct payment type received from Customers on the Point-of-Sale Terminal
- Ensure you always have sufficient change
- Ensure Pickups are done accurately and within the set parameters
- Ensure Cash ups are done accurately at the end of your shift
- Ensure all your daily takings have been dropped into the Drop Safe / vault
- Ensure that all transactions relating to other stores money, deliveries, and quotes are processed correctly.
- Sign, compile and file all related documentation relating to the Cashiers function
Ready for Business
- Adhere to Ready for Business and Beyond my Control as per the CB Way
- Offer fast, friendly, and efficient service to all Cashbuild Customers when checking in and out Customers goods
- Direct Customers to relevant person who can assist him / her
- Ensure that you comply with the companys dress code
Safety (OHSA) Requirements
- Safety (OHSA) compliance (e.g., ensure Customer and staff safety) within area of responsibility
- Report any discrepancies to the Store Manager
- Security (e.g., ensure system password control at till point are adhered to)
- Ensure cash safe keeping and transport to the cash office as per the Cashbuild Way requirements
The vacancies for cashiers have arisen at Cashbuild South Africa at the indicated locations.
How to Apply
Click or tap on the location you desire to apply for in the list provided above (highlighted in red).
This should take you to the application page where you find further instructions.