Princeton in Africa Nexus Fellowship 2023-2024 | FULLY-FUNDED
Applications are open for the Princeton in Africa Nexus Fellowship 2023-2024.
The programme is designed to enrich their Fellows’ experience and professional growth on the African continent and bring young professionals educated in African institutions into the Princeton community.
The Nexus Programme will pair 5 Africa Fellows educated and resident on the African continent with 5 Fellows educated at U.S.-accredited institutions in the same fellowship host organizations on the African continent for a co-Fellow exchange of skills, knowledge, leadership, and technical expertise.
The Nexus is an addition to PiAf’s signature fellowship programme tailored for young leaders educated at a U.S.-accredited institution.
Fellows should expect to cover:
- $75 non-refundable application fee.
- $350 programme placement fee, paid upon acceptance of a fellowship post.
- Transportation to and from Princeton for the entire MANDATORY pre-departure orientation.
- Round-trip air travel to and from their fellowship post in their host country.
- Pre-departure medical expenses (e.g. immunizations, malaria prevention medications, personal medications). This also includes doctor or clinic costs associated with completing the mandatory medical clearance form. A Fellow may be able to cover some of the medical costs associated with health check-ups, immunizations, and malaria prevention directly from the stipend received from the fellowship organization. However, as each individual’s health needs are different, Fellows should be prepared to pay for pre-departure medical expenses out-of-pocket. Current students should visit their university health center for advice on necessary immunizations and preparations and to complete the medical clearance form.
- In some cases, costs associated with acquiring visas and work permits.
- Sundries and recreational travel.
Princeton in Africa/fellowship organizations aim to cover:
- On the ground expenses, including housing and living stipend.
- Medical, medical evacuation and security evacuation insurance
- Housing and meals for onsite pre-departure orientation for all Fellows.
- Mid-year retreat in Africa (including partial travel grant for travel to and from the retreat location).
- Nexus Applicants must have citizenship in an African Country and have current residency in an African country (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered).
- Nexus Applicants must have an Undergraduate Degree or a Master’s degree (or equivalent), or a Ph.D. from an African University.
Application requirements include:
- Resume or CV (2 pages max)
- Official transcript (All Applicants)
- University Enrollment Verification Documentation (Nexus Applicants Only)
- One letter of recommendation (submitted using this form)
- $75 Non-refundable Application Fee (Fee waivers available on a need-basis, email [email protected] for more information)
- Complete Online Application
- Demonstrated commitment to service
For more information, visit Princeton in Africa Nexus Fellowship.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!