Job vacancies for the posts of LAUNDRY AID have arisen in the Department of Health in the Western Cape Provincial Government, South Africa.
In line with the Employment Equity Plan of the Department of Health, it is our intention with this advertisement to achieve equity in the workplace by promoting equal opportunities and fair treatment in employment through the elimination of unfair discrimination.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
LAUNDRY AID, Garden Route District
- R104 073 per annum
- Alan Blyth Hospital
- Basic literacy (ability to read, write and basic numeracy skills).
- Appropriate experience in an Industrial Laundry environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work overtime and to perform standby duties.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be able to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Must be able to count accurately.
- Handling of clean, soiled, infectious, infected, fouled linen.
- Sorting, washing, drying, preparing, folding, and ironing of linen.
- Mixing of chemicals used in the wash process according to instructions.
- Packing of clean linen in all departments of the hospital.
- Mending and condemning of linen.
- Stock counting of linen in all departments.
- Inspecting Laundry equipment to see if it is functioning correctly.
- Support to the Supervisor
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 287.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the ENQUIRIES sectio below.
Send your application to: The Facility Manager: Kannaland Sub-district, Alan Blyth Hospital, Hospital Street, Ladismith, 6655. For attention: Mr E Adcock
- Mr E Adcock Tel No: (028) 551-1010
- Deadline is 07 October 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a practical test.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.