Clerk vacancy at Department of Agriculture in Gauteng | NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Job vacancies for the posts of ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK have arisen in the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development in Gauteng, South Africa.
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment
It is the department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/582
Directorate: Compliance Management Services
- R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate.
- No experience required.
Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate a computer and collecting statistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment.
Job related skills:
- Language skills,
- Good communication skills (verbal and written),
- Planning and organisation skills,
- Computer literacy,
- Interpersonal relations,
- Flexibility and Ability to work within a team.
- Render general clerical support services. Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function).
- Update registers and statistics.
- Handle routine enquiries.
- Make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles.
- Distribute documents / packages to various stakeholders as required. Keep and maintain the filling system for the component.
- Type letters and / or other correspondence when required.
- Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing document register of the component.
- Provide supply chain clerical support services within the component.
- Liaise within internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services.
- Obtain quotations complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items.
- Stock control of office stationery.
- Keep and maintain the asset register of the component.
- Provide personnel administration clerical support services within the component.
- Maintain a leave register for the component.
- Keep and maintain personnel records in the component.
- Keep and maintain the attendance register of the component.
- Arrange travelling and accommodation.
- Provide financial administration support services in the component.
- Capture and update expenditure in the component.
- Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to manager for approval.
- Handle telephone accounts and petty cash for the component.
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 9.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the ENQUIRIES sectio below.
Send your application to: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver during office hours to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
Note: African, Coloured, Indian and White Males and Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Ms N Mfuphi Tel No: (012) 312 9521
- Deadline is 07 October 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!