Job vacancies for the posts of PERSONAL ASSISTANT have arisen in the Department of Infrastructure Development in the Gauteng Provincial Government, South Africa.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest career opportunities.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (x2 posts)
- Do you have a Secretarial Diploma at NQF Level 5 or Equivalent as recognised by SAQA or related qualification?
- Do you have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in rendering an administrative support service to Executive Management or similar Office?
- Perform advanced typing work.
- Compile realistic schedules of appointments.
- Coordinate with and sensitize/advise the Manager regarding engagements.
- Record the engagements of the Manager.
- Ensure the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office.
- Ensure the safe keeping of all documentation in the office in line with relevant legislation and policies.
- Scrutinize routine submissions/reports and make notes and/or recommendations for the Manager.
- Obtain inputs, collate and compile reports, e.g., Progress reports, monthly reports, management reports.
- Respond to inquiries received from internal and external stakeholders.
- File documents for the Manager and the business unit where required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery and refreshments.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Scrutinize documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for the meetings.
- Record minutes/decisions and communicate to relevant role-players, follow-up upon progress made.
- Prepare briefing notes for the Manager as required.
- Collect and coordinate all the documents that relate to the Manager’s budget.
- Assist the Manager in determining funding requirements for purposes of MTEF submissions.
- Keep records of expenditure commitments, monitor expenditure and alert the Manager of possible over and under spending.
- Check and correlate BAS reports to ensure that expenditure is allocated correctly.
- Identify the need to move funds between items, consult with the Manager and compile draft memos for this purpose.
- Compare the MTEF allocations with the requested budget and inform the Manager of changes.
- R 261 372.00 per annum plus benefits
- Head Office (Johannesburg), Branch Health Infrastructure, Maintenance and Technical Portfolio Services.
- A Secretarial Diploma at NQF Level 5 or Equivalent as recognised by SAQA or related qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in rendering an administrative support service to Executive Management or similar Office.
- Knowledge of DID strategies, policies and plans.
- Financial management.
- Problem solving,
- Planning and organizing,
- Computer Literacy.
- Team worker,
- Responsible and Reliable.
Note: People with disability are encouraged to apply.
Note: This advert is internal (within the Department) and external (within Gauteng Province). This advert is to attract applicants within the geographical area of City of Johannesburg. In line with the Department’s employments Equity Plan, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES are encouraged to apply.
Note: Application must be accompanied by the New Z83 form (SEE BELOW), and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications not older than six (06) months, identity documents and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job).
How to Apply
- Applications must be accompanied by the new Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department. The new Z83 form is also obtainable on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 271.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the ENQUIRIES sectio below.
To apply for the above positions, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resource on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118.
- Mr. Realeboga Mahapa – Tel: 072 668 00029/076 521 4118
- Deadline is 04 October 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
To apply online and for more information, CLICK HERE.