Job vacancies for the posts of ARTISANS have arisen in the Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure in the Limpopo Province, South Africa.
ARTISAN PRODUCTION (X28 POSTS)
Component: Building Infrastructure Maintenance
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest job vacancies.
- Grade A: R193 512 per annum
- Ref No: S.4/3/2/18 – Capricorn: Plumbing (X3 Posts), Carpentry (X2 Posts), Painting (X1 Post)
- Ref No: S.4/3/2/19 – Mopani: Carpentry (X1 Post), Bricklaying (X2 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/2/20 – Sekhukhune: Carpentry (X4 Posts), Electrical (X1 Post), Plumbing (X1 Post), Painting (X2 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/2/21 – Vhembe: Electrical (X1 Post)
- Ref No: S.4/3/2/22 – Waterberg Districts: Carpentry (X2 Posts), Plumbing (X2 Posts), Bricklayer (X1 Post), Welding (X1 Post)
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF level 02) as recognized by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
- Valid driver’s license, with the exception of applicants with disabilities.
- People Management and Empowerment.
- Programme and Project Management.
- Knowledge Management, Service Delivery Innovation.
- Problem solving and Analysis.
- Client Orientation and Customer focus.
- Technical analysis.
- Computer Aided technical applications.
- Knowledge of legal compliance.
- Technical report writing.
- Production, process knowledge and skills.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Decision making.
- Team work.
- Analytical skills.
- Customer focus and responsiveness.
- Computer skills.
- Planning and organising.
- Produce designs according to client specification and within limits of production capability.
- Produce objects with material and equipment’s according to job specification and recognised standards.
- Inspect equipment and/or facilities for technical faults.
- Repair equipment and facilities according to standards.
- Test repair equipment and/or facilities against specifications.
- Service equipment and/or facilities according to schedule.
Perform administrative and related functions:
- Provide inputs on the compilation of technical reports.
- Keep and maintain job record and other registers.
- Maintain and adhere to agreed development plan.
- Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure: For Head Office: Private Bag X9490 Polokwane 0700 or hand delivered at Works Tower Building, No. 43 Church Street, Polokwane, 0699.
- For Capricorn District: Private Bag X9378, Polokwane 0700 or hand deliver at 15 Landros Mare Street, next to Correctional Services.
- For Mopani District: Private Bag X576, Giyani 0826 or hand deliver at 570 Parliamentary Building, Giyani.
- For Sekhukhune District: Private Bag X02 Chuenespoort, 0745 or hand deliver at Lebowakgomo Zone A, next to traffic department.
- For Vhembe District: Private Bag X2248, Sibasa, 0970 or hand deliver at Cnr. Traffic and Raluswielo Street, Sibasa.
- For Waterberg District: Private Bag X1028 Modimolle, 0510 or hand deliver at Cnr. Thabo Mbeki & Elias Motsoaledi Street.
- For Capricorn District: Ms. Welhemina Mohale/ Mr Solomon Netshia Tel No: 015 287 5600,
- For Sekhukhune District: Ms. Constance Makalela/ Mr. Malema Mathabatha Tel No: 015 632 8300/8330
- For Waterberg District: Ms Carol Modiba / Ms. Palesa Hlaole Tel No: 014 718 3000/3040/3052/3027,
- For Mopani District: Mr. Mzamani Mashibyi/ Ms Mabunda KS Tel No: 015 811 4000/4070/4075
- For Vhembe District: Mr. Frank Mavhungu/ Mr Elizabeth Murhovhi Tel No: 015 963 3790
- For Head Office posts: Director- HR Services; For District posts: District Director.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
“Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment”.
- Deadline is 07 October 2022 at 16:00
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details.
- The link we provide below downloads the entire job circular.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 268.
- Kindly note that the deadline for the submission of applications is 07 October 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.