Job vacancies for the posts of DRIVER EXTRA-HEAVY DUTY have arisen in the Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure in the Limpopo Province, South Africa.
DRIVER EXTRA HEAVY DUTY (> 16000KG = 16 TONS) (X37 POSTS)
Component: Roads Infrastructure Maintenance
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest job vacancies.
- R124 434 per annum (Level 03)
- Ref No: S.4/3/10/47 – Capricorn (X7 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/10/48 – Mopani (X4 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/10/49 – Sekhukhune (X4 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/10/50 – Vhembe (X9 Posts)
- Ref No: S.4/3/10/51 – Waterberg Districts (X8 Posts)
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF level 02) as recognized by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Driver’s licence with the exception of applicants with disabilities. (Code of the driver’ licence for heavy duty vehicles should be mentioned)
- Ability to read and write,
- Good eyesight,
- Team work,
- Operation of the equipment,
- Physical inspection of vehicles and interpret instructions for proper use of all controls for safe operation of vehicles,
- Interpret and follow operating manuals, maintenance manuals and service charts.
Drive heavy duty vehicles:
- Transpiration of work teams and materials/ equipment,
- Detect and repair minor mechanical problems on the vehicles and take steps to have it repaired (check level and condition of oil, fuel, tyres and water),
- Inspection of the vehicles/ equipment and report defects,
- Complete vehicle logbook, trip authorization for the vehicles
- Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure: For Head Office: Private Bag X9490 Polokwane 0700 or hand delivered at Works Tower Building, No. 43 Church Street, Polokwane, 0699.
- For Capricorn District: Private Bag X9378, Polokwane 0700 or hand deliver at 15 Landros Mare Street, next to Correctional Services.
- For Mopani District: Private Bag X576, Giyani 0826 or hand deliver at 570 Parliamentary Building, Giyani.
- For Sekhukhune District: Private Bag X02 Chuenespoort, 0745 or hand deliver at Lebowakgomo Zone A, next to traffic department.
- For Vhembe District: Private Bag X2248, Sibasa, 0970 or hand deliver at Cnr. Traffic and Raluswielo Street, Sibasa.
- For Waterberg District: Private Bag X1028 Modimolle, 0510 or hand deliver at Cnr. Thabo Mbeki & Elias Motsoaledi Street.
- For Capricorn District: Ms. Welhemina Mohale/ Mr Solomon Netshia Tel No: 015 287 5600,
- For Sekhukhune District: Ms. Constance Makalela/ Mr. Malema Mathabatha Tel No: 015 632 8300/8330
- For Waterberg District: Ms Carol Modiba / Ms. Palesa Hlaole Tel No: 014 718 3000/3040/3052/3027,
- For Mopani District: Mr. Mzamani Mashibyi/ Ms Mabunda KS Tel No: 015 811 4000/4070/4075
- For Vhembe District: Mr. Frank Mavhungu/ Mr Elizabeth Murhovhi Tel No: 015 963 3790.
- For Head Office posts: Director- HR Services; For District posts: District Director.
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
“Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment”.
- Deadline is 07 October 2022 at 16:00
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications must include recent updated comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, academic record and ID document.
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract, sign an annual performance agreement and annually disclose her or his financial interests.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
- The incumbent must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within a year after being appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details.
- The link we provide below downloads the entire job circular.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 267.
- Kindly note that the deadline for the submission of applications is 07 October 2022.