The University of the Free State invites unemployed graduates to apply for a 12-month Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
The University of the Free State invites applicants in possession of a qualification from the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences (completed or to be completed by the end of 2022), to commence their duties on the 1st day of December 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the reception area in the Dean’s office.
- Refer students and visitors to the appropriate person/department.
- Assist students with academic advice (in collaboration with the Faculty Manager).
- Process of comments on student records.
- Manage a filing system for student enquiries & other files.
- Responsible for making Photocopies.
- Assist with the administration of the international students’ applications.
- Assist during the registration processes.
- Assist with the completion of financial forms and filing.
- Assist with the travel and accommodation arrangements for the Dean.
- Assist with the managing of appointments for the Dean.
- Assist the EMS Teaching and Learning Manager.
- Communicate to students; public and UFS staff member.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Completion of any Bachelor’s Degree within the EMS faculty at the end of 2022.
- Provisional acceptance letter for an honours or other postgraduate qualification in the EMS faculty in 2023. Contact sessions (lectures) should be after working hours.
- Sound Academic Record.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound interpersonal relationships
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*Certified copies must not be older than 6 months
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Certified copies of all academic records
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications (please provide SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A Certified* copy of your identity document
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable)
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable)
- A service record of your current employer / last employer
Assumption of duties:
1 December 2022
Closing date: 14 October 2022
Date Listed: 23 September 2022
A stipend of R7 794.75 will be paid per month.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups, including candidates with disabilities.
Our Employment Equity Policy is available at : https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/:b:/r/sites/supportservices/hr/Employment Equity/EEA13_EE Plan UFS 1 March 2022 (003).pdf?csf=1&web=1&e=TjtoXH
The University processes personal information in line with its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), and any personal information provided to the University will be treated as confidential and processed in accordance with the rights provided to data subjects under POPIA.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position.
Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply
To apply online for Economic and Management Sciences Internship Programme, kindly click on the APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP button below.