The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB-SAWBP) PhD Fellowship Scheme, in partnership with the South African Department of Science and Innovation and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research will support South African women researchers intending to study towards a PhD degree in Biotechnology at the ICGEB Cape Town Component.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The ICGEB-SAWBP programme promotes the interaction and mobility of South African women Biotechnology researchers and the ICGEB community, including mobility support to visit other ICGEB Components in Trieste, Italy and New Delhi, India.
WHO CAN APPLY
Proposed research projects must be innovative and fall within one of the ICGEB Cape Town Component macro areas of research, namely: Infectious Diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases, Bioinformatics, Plant Systems Biology and Virology. CSIR may also provide opportunities for co-supervision.
The Fellowships comprise a very attractive package:
- Three-year PhD Fellowship
- Tuition and stipend
- Applying the latest techniques and methodologies to the applicant’s chosen research topic
- Opportunities for mentoring, peer-to-peer learning and complementary skills
- Immersion in a top class international scientific research environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please read these notes and instructions carefully before completing the form. Be sure to read every section and ensure that the information you provide is accurate.
- Applications that are incomplete and that include misrepresentations will immediately be disregarded.
- Please ensure that you attach ALL of the Required Documents
- Closing date for application type:
- ICGEB-SAWBP PhD Fellowship Scheme closes: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Bursary allocation year for application type:
- ICGEB-SAWBP PhD Fellowship Scheme will be allocated for the 2023 academic year
- It is the students responsibility to apply for entrance for their intended course, university and to ensure that they are able to meet the entrance requirements stipulated for the course.
- It is the responsibility of the student to find a suitable supervisor and to ensure the supervisor supports the application.
- Please ensure that you complete all the sections of this application form.
- Please select the correct funding opportunity when completing your application.
- A letter of endorsement from the ICGEB Cape Town Group Leader must be submitted with the application. Please note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
- The Principal Investigator/Group Leader at the chosen ICGEB Cape Town laboratory should be contacted in advance to discuss the proposed research project.
- To view the ICGEB Cape Town group list click Here
You will receive a confirmation e-mail once we have received your application.
For more information and application, visit ICGEB-SAWBP.