PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) 2022/2023 – REGISTER NOW
The PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) 2022-2023 is opening Phase IV of job applications with R4 081.44/month stipend.
This will see more than 255 000 job opportunities for South African youths.
The PYEI was first conducted as the Basic Education Employment Initiative.
Since its conception, the initative has provided more than 850 000 employment opportunities towards youths and has been placing them in more than 20 000 schools across the country. The programme specificall targets individuals who are currently not pursuing their education, employment or training (NEET).
The PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) is available for the following positions:
1. Education Assistant Positions (EA)
- Reading Champions
- Curriculum Assisatnts
- Care and Support Assistants (CSA)
Specific Requirement: at least a Matric qualification, and preference is offered to candidates who possess a tertiary qualification (particularly in Education).
2. General School Assistant (GSA)
- Sport & Enrichment Assistants (SEA)
- Handymen or Women
Specific Requirement: applicants do not require to have a Matric qualification.
Selected applicants will be entitled to a monthly stipend of R4 081.44 with less 1% UIF contribution.
Please take note of the programme timeline below:
- Registration on the application portal (on the Sayouth.mobi portal): Currently open
- Advertisement period: 5 September 2022 – 16 October 2022
- Applications period: 26 September 2022 – 16 October 2022
- Starting date (placement): 2023 (exact month TBA by Provincial Education Department).
Feel free to sign up for the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) if you are certain that you will be participating in it.
Don’t worry about it if you are still unsure about whether or not you would be a good fit for the position. All that is required of you is to review the requirements listed below and compare your qualifications to the criteria established by the selection committee.
Make sure that you satisfy all of the requirements that have been outlined in order to give yourself the best possible chance of being accepted. It’s possible that you won’t be automatically disqualified if you don’t do this, but it will certainly hurt your chances of being accepted.
The PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently residing within 5km of an urban school or within 30km of a farm/rural school
- Currrently between 18-34 years old
- Currently not particiapting in education, employment, or training (NEET)
- Has not taken part in previous phases.
Apply online: PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) 2022-2023.
Applications for the PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative) must be submitted before the closing date on 16 October 2022.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will be eliminated from the selection process by the committee in charge of making that decision. Any submissions that are received after the contest’s end date will automatically be disqualified, regardless of the substance of the entry.
The Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) retains the exclusive power to decide whether or not to grant employment to a particular candidate. The decisions of the selection committee are final and must be adhered to by all of the relevant parties.
Do you have a question regarding the PYEI (Presidential Youth Employment Initiative)? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
- +27 80 072 7272 (SA Youth)
- +27 60 060 333 (TeacherConnect)
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!