Job vacancies for the posts of data capture clerks, admin clerks, messengers and cleaners have arisen at the Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services (JICS).
The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services (JICS) is an organ of the South African Government, whose mandate is to uphold and protect the rights of all inmates who are incarcerated.
The JICS is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of JICS will be taken into consideration. People with Disabilities will be accommodated within reasonable limits.
Therefore preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will assist the JICS in achieving its Employment Equity targets in terms of the JICS’s Employment Equity Plan.
Scholarly Africa is proud to bring you these latest job vacancies.
MESSENGER/CLEANER REF NO: JI 99/2022)
(12 Months Contract Appointment)
- R104 073 per annum (Level 02), plus 37% in lieu of benefits.
- Centurion (Northern Management Region)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 10 or ABET (NQF level1-4).
- Ability to use machinery (vacuum, urn etc.)
- Ability to read and write.
- Communication and listening skills planning, organising and people skills.
- The incumbent will be responsible for cleaning offices and create an orderly working environment
- Cleaning GG vehicles and safekeeping of equipment ordering cleaning material Ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the supervisor a driver’s license will be an added advantage.
INDEPENDENT CORRECTIONAL CENTRE VISITOR (DATA CAPTURER) REF NO: JI 100/2022
(36 Months Contract Appointment)
- R66 117 per annum (3/8th, Level 05), plus 37% in lieu of benefits.
- Centurion (Northern Management Region)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12/Senior Certificate.
- Computer literate and accurate.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Public spirited and sound knowledge of the Batho Pele principles.
- Assertiveness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing).
- The incumbent will be responsible for receiving and capturing all complaints/requests on the database.
- Opening and maintenance of case files.
- Make follow-ups on outstanding complaints.
- Submission of monthly reports.
- Provide statistical analysis of all complaints received.
- Attend to enquiries.
- Ad- hoc tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: FINANCE REF NO: JI 98/2022
Directorate: Support Services (12 month contract appointment)
- R176 301 per annum (Level 05) plus 37% in lieu of benefits.
- Cape Town
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12/Senior certificate.
- Computer literate (Ms Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Ability to multi- task and general administration capabilities.
- Proficiency in English and at least one other official language.
- Knowledge of PERSAL/ BAS and LOGIS system will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for assist with Debt administration.
- Follow-up on outstanding invoices.
- Assist with the BAS/LOGIS transactions.
- Compiling of finance payments.
- General administrative duties.
- Applicants apply to Cape Town/Western Cape: Private Bag X9177, Cape Town, 8000.
- Alternatively, applications may be handed in at Standard Bank Building, No. 1 Thibault Square, 9th Floor, Cnr Long Street & Hans Strijdom Avenue, Cape Town, 8001 Centurion/Northern Management Region: Private Bag 153, Centurion, 0046.
- Alternatively, applications may be handed in at 265 West Avenue, Tuinhof, Karee (West Block), Centurion, 0046
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
“Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment”.
- Deadline is 07 October 2022
- Ms. R Thompson Tel No: (021) 421 1012 (for Administration Clerk post)
- Mr M Mentoor, Mrs G Thabethe Tel No: (012) 663 7521 (for Messenger/Cleaner post and Data Capturer post)
- Applications must be accompanied by a Z83 form (DOWNLOAD HERE), or obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA website link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a comprehensive and detailed Curriculum Vitae, with specific starting and ending dates in all relevant positions and clarity on the levels and ranks of experience as compared to the Public Service, as well as at least three contactable references.
- Certified copies of the Identity Document, Senior Certificate, Driver’s License where necessary and all qualifications mentioned in the CV, as well as a SAQA verification report for foreign qualifications, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date.
- Failure to submit the requested documents / information will result in your application not being considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department.
- The link we provide below downloads the entire job circular.
- The above-listed vacancies are contained in the South Africa Government Jobs: Circular 35 of 2022 issued on Friday, 16 September 2022.
- To view entire Circular 35 of 2022, CLICK HERE. The vacancies referred to in this post are from page 59.
- Kindly note that the deadline for the submission of applications is 07 October 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.