Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2022 – Grade 10 Candidates | APPLY NOW
The Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2022 programme is inviting Grade 10 Candidates to apply.
Transnet is looking for suitable applicants to participate in their Traineeship programme and develop their abilities and knowledge as future Shed assistants.
As part of the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship, you will be expected to provide assistance to the Shedman in the shunting movements of locomotives within a designated loco area. This will enable you to make a contribution to the efficient and safe utilization of locomotives.
On top of that, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Ensure that both the locomotives and the area where they are fueled are clean and free of any hazards before beginning shunting operations
- Carry out the shunting operations with the locomotives in accordance with Sherman’s instructions as well as the instructions that have been handed down and the rules for train operation
- Assist the Shedman in ensuring that the locomotives and any other equipment that is relevant are kept safe inside the shedding area in accordance with the safety regulations and the trains’ operating procedures
- Assist the Shedman with the positioning of the locomotives by using the appropriate hand signals in the appropriate situations
- After all of the work has been finished in accordance with the operating plan and the safety protocols, the employee is responsible for performing proper housekeeping to ensure that the working space, locomotives, and other tools and equipment are kept clean and neat
- Ensure that the working environment is safe
- Determine whether there are any hazardous hazards on the locomotives, the track, or the above
- Connect the locomotives in the appropriate manner by opening and connecting the buffers, connecting the airbrakes, and connecting the jumper wires
- Locomotives should be uncoupled by first ensuring that air cocks are closed, followed by the uncoupling of air pipes, jumper wires, and buffers
- To check the level of fuel in the locomotive(s) and fill them up with fuel to ensure that there is sufficient fuel and to guarantee that diesel locomotives have sufficient amounts of fuel and sand in their tanks
- To avoid derailing, it is important to properly operate the points during locomotive shunting operations (in accordance with SWP).
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2022’s Reference Number: 50018470.
Consider applying for the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship; do you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role? Make certain you get your application in as quickly as humanly can! To begin, though, you will need to investigate the qualifications necessary to participate in the program.
Your performance in these areas will indicate whether or not you are a good candidate for the position. If you would want to verify that you meet the requirements, please ensure that you look over the eligibility requirements that are listed down below.
The Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a Grade 10 qualification
- Be ready to demonstrate your competence in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Shed Assistant training assignments in order to earn your certification and begin working unsupervised as a Shed Assistant
- Be ready to submit to periodic medical surveillance as well as safety behavioral risk evaluations throughout the selection process and once yearly
- The fitness of the body, the ears, the eyes, and the mind (to be verified through medical tests and related safety behavioral risk assessment).
2. Work Knowledge
- SANS 3004 (human factor)
- Protective Equipment
- Vehicle Management policy
- Yard and siding layout
- Shunting procedures
- Breakdowns/section work
- Wagon types
- Integrated Train Plan
- Train workings
- Act 85 / 16 RSR related legislation
- Locomotive classes
- Substance Abuse policy and procedures
- Be aware of internal HC policies
- Brake systems
- Uniform clothing policy
- Road/Route knowledge
3. Personal Skills
- Has a good eye for small details
- Organises their workload effectively
- Manages their time well
- Develops interpersonal skills
- Shows ability in English Literacy
- Has sound judgement and resoning
- Works well under pressure.
Apply online: Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2022.
Applications for the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship must be submitted before the closing date on 20 September 2022.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!