Electronic Technician vacancy at South African National Space Agency (SANSA)
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has a mandate, as outlined in the South African National Space Agency Act, 2008 (Act No 36 of 2008), to co-ordinate and integrate national space science and technology programmes and conduct long-term planning and implementation of space related activities in South Africa, for the benefit of the citizens of South Africa.
SANSA is mandated to provide for the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space- related activities, foster research in space science, advance scientific engineering through human capital and support the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy.
The following job vacancy exists at SANSA:
This opportunity exists in Hermanus, Western Cape within the Space Science Programme to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, and qualifications. This position requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
The Electronic Technician reporting to the Engineering and Data Acquisition (EDA) Manager will provide support to Space Science units in the implementation of technical projects where electronic capabilities are needed, and required electronic maintenance support to the SANSA research platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support as required to all SANSA infrastructure/measuring sites
- Perform installations and maintain instrumentation (including remote sites)
- Source and procure electronic components for unit projects
- Work with Embedded systems, including microcontrollers as well as IoT devices
- Help develop and assemble custom electronic subsystems for EDA projects.
- Provide electronics support to internal and external clients.
- Training staff members and students.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a BTech Electrical Engineering or similar qualification
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in an electronics hardware environment
- Have previous experience in pcb design and fabrication
- Be familiar with embedded systems
- Have knowledge of and previous experience working on Linux-based operating systems.
- To apply for this jb and for more information on this job, CLICK HERE.
- Closing date: 19 September 2022
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!