WIPO’s Young Experts Program aims at forging the next generation of intellectual property leaders. The two-year program hosted at WIPO is designed to expose young people with high potential, particularly from developing and least developed countries, as well as countries in transition, to the technical and policy aspects of IP.
YEP selectees will enjoy a wide-ranging and cohesive WIPO working experience, focused on on-the-job learning and exposure to different sectors, focus areas and colleagues. The YEP will also include regular networking opportunities with top and senior leadership at WIPO.
Organizational Context: The selected Young Experts will be allocated to assignments in accordance with organizational needs and priorities and based on the profile and expressed interest of the candidates.
Reporting Lines: The Young Expert will be assigned a direct supervisor and be under the general guidance of the relevant Sector Lead.
Work Relations: The Young Expert will work with colleagues in Divisions and Departments across the whole of WIPO, as well as external partners.
- To be eligible to apply candidates must be 35 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Candidates must be available to participate in the two-year program 2023-2024 and explicitly confirm this in their application.
- Candidates must express interest in one or two YEP assignments listed under section 2. Candidates must meet at least the essential requirements for their selected YEP assignments in addition to at least the essential requirements listed below.
First-level university degree
At least 2 years of relevant experience.
Experience in the area of Intellectual Property.
Experience in project management.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Knowledge of any other United Nations official languages.
Job Related Competencies (Essential)
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent research, analytical skills and drafting.
4. Organizational Competencies
1. Communicating effectively.
2. Showing team spirit.
3. Demonstrating integrity.
4. Valuing diversity.
5. Producing results.
6. Showing service orientation.
7. Seeing the big picture.
8. Seeking change and innovation.
9. Developing yourself and others.
– Young Experts will receive a monthly stipend of 5,000 CHF.
– WIPO provides medical and accident insurance coverage during the course of the program.
– Contribution toward travel expenses will be provided. If necessary, WIPO may provide assistance in obtaining an entry visa to Switzerland.
By completing an application, candidates understand that any willful misrepresentation made on this web site, or on any other documents submitted to WIPO during the application, may result in disqualification from the recruitment process, or termination of employment with WIPO at a later date, if that employment resulted from such willful misrepresentations.
In the event that your candidature is shortlisted, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of an identification and of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WIPO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
Additional testing/interviewing may be used as a form of screening. Initial appointment is subject to satisfactory professional references.
Additional background checks may be required.
Contract Duration – 2 years
: 05-Oct-2022, 11:59:00 PM
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Bongani Parker has 4 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, Scholarly Africa reaches at least 1 million job-seekers in South Africa alone.