ABB Engineering & Graduate Trainee Program 2022/2023 – APPLY NOW
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations.
Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as an Engineering & Graduate Trainee based in, Longmeadow, South Africa.
ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence we do our best to recruit and develop young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows us to write the future together.
Working for ABB South Africa as a Trainee you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
All our Young Talent Programs are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is
• Hands-on (70%)
• Asking questions (20%)
• Classroom (10%),
We also understand that the world of work has changed and will continue to change and to keep with the pace and progress within the organization, you will need more than just Hard Skills (Technical), hence, during your time at ABB South Africa we will equip you with Soft Skills that will enable you to connect, create your identity and promote yourself in any working environment.
For the 2022 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas:
Graduate in Training:
- Corporate Marketing and Communication Function: You will work in a department that does all our corporate branding, communications, and events.
- Supply Chain Management or Logistics: You will work in a department that handles our Transport, Trade, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management,
- Human Resource Management: You will work in a department that does our Employee Life Cycle Management, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll, and Industrial Relations.
- Finance or Accounting: You will work in a department that does our business controlling and Accounts Payables.
- Occupational Health & Safety: You will work in a department the does all our health and safety campaigns and ensuring that ABB is a safe working environment.
- Information Technology or Information Systems: You will work in the IT department and manage the processes from end to end.
Engineer in Training:
- Electrical Engineering: You will get exposure to the Testing of Switchgear on all areas; Primary, Secondary, Modular and commissioning, you will also be exposed to working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgears.
- Mechanical Engineering: You will get exposure to basic design, draughting, electrical and mechanical workings of Electrical Motors.
- Control and Instrumentation: Exposure includes working with Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators. And the Design and Commissioning of Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Industrial Engineering: You will get exposure and learning from our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- Computer Engineering: Exposure across the business to drive the development and promotion of the 4th Industrial Revolution – ABB Ability.
Engineering Trainee Program Qualifications: BSc, BTech or Diploma in;-
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
Functional Graduate Trainee Program Qualifications: Degree / Diploma in;-
- Human Resources,
- Supply Chain Management / Logistics,
- Health & Safety
Skills and Competencies:
- Have the ability to Problem Solve,
- Be creative and innovative.
- Your interpersonal skills should complement your leadership skills with high self-confidence and your hunger to learn.
- Strong Oral & Written Communication Skills.
How to Apply
- Only application received via the online system will be accepted.
- Do take note that as part of the program you might be required to travel to customers for sales, service or commissioning work.
- To apply and for more details, CLICK HERE.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!