You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there.
Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role in the team, and establish a long-term career here.
At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Your time here will look something like this…
Conduct research and analyze industry trends related to business development
· Build financial models, assess valuation and explore corporate finance solutions for big-picture financial analyses
· Participate in client development, including coordinating data with clients and assisting in presentation of new ideas to clients
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Investment Banking Intern Analysts to join the Investment Banking team in Johannesburg. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions.
Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, and distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok, you will be an expert after your time as an intern in Investment Banking.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During your internship you will be assigned to the JHB Investment Banking team, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development.
We want to hear from you if…
* We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
* Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering subjects are beneficial but not essential
* A strong academic record at both Matric and university level is important
* You have knowledge of Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
* You have advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
* You have relevant experience from previous internship(s)
* We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
* A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
* Applicants to attach their CV, Cover Letter, Update Academic History and ID Copy
We will recruit on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Who we think will be a great fit…
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
· Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
· Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
· Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
· Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
· Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Please visit Apply Now for more information and to apply.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.