Graça Machel Trust: Communications Support Consultant | APPLY NOW
Founded in 2010, the Graça Machel Trust is a Pan-African NGO that serves the women and children of Africa.
We aim to amplify women’s movements, influence governance and promote women’s contributions and leadership in Africa’s economic, social and political development, and advocate for the protection of children’s rights. Building on the legacy and passion of our Founder, Mrs Graça Machel, the Trust tackles structural barriers to change how public and private institutions address women’s and children’s rights.
Drawing from our founding principles and overarching mandate from her legacy as a liberation fighter and global advocate for women’s and children’s rights, we aim to harness the power of collective action through networks to drive inclusive social and economic transformation.
The Graça Machel Trust has established a geographic footprint across 16 countries in Africa and is headquartered in South Africa.
This 6-month consultancy provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to implementing the Graça Machel Trust’s digital communications activities and priorities; through that, its mission and work across the African continent and globally.
Scope of work
- Support the design and production of various communications assets/materials, including videos, photography, and graphics for various organizational purposes.
- Responsible for GMT’s social media accounts, including uploading of content and monitoring the platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube);
- Provide routine communications analytics and recommendations for decision-making on communications, advocacy and programme initiatives and reach.
- Training of staff on relevant media engagement.
- Coordinating communications-related activities supporting other programme initiatives such as webinars, key events, and media.
Key requirements and qualifications
- Graduate in communication, journalism or related fields, including graphic design and social media, with at least 2-3 years of working experience.
- A creative, dynamic, and hard-working individual with exceptional copy-editing and writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to support the development and implementation of the Trust’s digital communications strategy, coordinate GMT’s website consolidation and update and contribute to content development for blogs and articles to enhance the brand visibility of the Trust.
- Solid experience and a passion for digital communications, strong social media content development and problem-solving skills, good networking skills, and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Ability to operate independently with limited direct supervision of day-to-day activities and to lead results-driven project teams and workgroups.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including the media.
- Understanding of how to engage audiences and create conversations around important and sometimes sensitive topics.
- Competence in using standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Adobe Edit Suite: knowledge of multimedia applications like Final Cut Pro, Canva, Quik, or iMovies a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with HTML and WordPress, MailChimp, and media publication platforms.
- Experience with web publishing, social media production of graphics and creative design of digital and social media communications assets and content development for daily social media updates, knowledge of social media scheduling required.
- High proficiency level in English; added African language an advantage.
Send a Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, a Cover letter and at least 2 recent samples of your work (such as a blog or article) that demonstrate relevant skills to [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 23 SEPTEMBER 2022
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!