The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Corporate and Shared Services Department has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen 18) months
DEPARTMENT: Group Corporate and Shared Services
BRANCH: Group Human Capital Management
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student) : R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION : Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2022
- Matric (NQF level 4) plus tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent registered at N6 and NQF level 6.
- Confirmation letter from institution
- Computer literacy.
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Coordinate specific Human Resources administrative sequences and attends to the general application and interventions associated with the functionality in order to ensure adequate guidance and support are made available to employees with respect to comprehending and understanding organizational and legislative procedures related to their employment, benefits, and development.
Key Learning Areas:
- Coordinate administrative associated with Human Resource functionality.
- Coordinate specific sequences associated with the employment of personnel.
- Attends to specific sequences associated with the notification, arrangement, and provision of support in resent in respect to subcommittee meetings and dispute hearings.
- Work independently;
- Work under pressure;
- Accountable and able to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Batho Pele Principles
- Must form part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills and the ability to work with a group.
- Coordination and Problem-Solving.
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquiring an academic qualification, or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal-opportunity employer
Where to Apply
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is
received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted: Credit Record, CV validation and Employment record verification, Criminal check, and Identity validation.
Get started with the application and more info here:
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Contact Person: Reuben Mawela
Tel No: (011) 407 6635
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za