University of Pretoria (UP) invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for Veterinary Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Provide a clinical service with associated administrative responsibilities within several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH) under the mentorship of Faculty Specialists,
- Participate in after-hours work (weekdays and week-ends) and/or community clinical activities on a rotational basis for exposure in community, trauma and emergency medicine at the OVAH and/or satellite facilities;
- Participate in the clinical training of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students, including supervision of clinical procedures as part of offering clinical services;
- Have an opportunity to participate in clinical rounds and other research activities as an introduction to the research requirements of the MMedVet programme; and
- Participate in an intern mentorship programme, designed to support non-clinical development as a prospective specialist.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise; and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet); and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R300,108 per annum
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating your order of clinic preference;
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: 21 September 2022
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests for South Africans
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!
Yibanathi Nhlakanipho has 6 years experience writing and curating verified entry-level jobs, internships, bursaries and career resources for South African youth. Every month, her articles on Scholarly Africa reach at least 1 million job-seekers.