Programme Officer Internship at UNDP in Pretoria | APPLY NOW
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) office in Pretoria is advertising the above-stated position.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Below are the job details.
|Location :||Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA|
|Application Deadline :||20-Sep-22 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||6d 14h 26m|
|Additional Category :||HIV, Health and Development|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6|
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Policy Specialists, the intern will contribute towards the following: –
- Assist the Policy specialists with day-to-day implementation of the IGI regional programme activities including support to partners, organization of events and meetings and preparation of reports.
- Assist in research and monitoring of LGBTI inclusion and rights issues in IGI’s priority and additional focus countries in Africa.
- Assist with updates of tools, collection and reporting of relevant data and information for measuring success of the programme.
- Assist in identifying key stakeholders for potential engagement with IGI including, parliamentarians, senior civil servants, key development NGOs in the region focused on the SDGs, religious leaders and other decision-makers and influencer.
- Draft communication articles on events and activities implemented by IGI for dissemination on UNDP websites and social media platforms.
- Facilitate knowledge building, usage and dissemination of products generated and published by the HHD regional team, its partners and other relevant institutions in the continent including supporting the translation and review of some knowledge products.
- Provide support to any other activities related to WBA.
- Understanding of LGBTI issues in developing countries and sensitivity to working with front- line activists.
- Extensive experience in using multiple social media platforms and building audience interaction.
- Understanding of strategic communication and how it can contribute to the achievement of specific development goals.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of partners and forge productive working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Responsible, responsive, enthusiastic.
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNDP internships must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Have graduated with a university degree as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Field of study: International relations, law, social sciences, development studies, political science or equivalent. (Preferred but not required)
Communication: Ability to summarize a large amount of information and translate it into a compelling product for a public audience.
Software skills: Strong IT skills including full competency in MS Office/365.
Language skills: Fluency in English is required and additional proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is a strong asset.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, visit: APPLY NOW. If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.
Find more information HERE.
FIND MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE:
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs in SA
- LATEST Internships & Learnerships in SA
- LATEST Bursaries in SA
- LATEST Career Tips & Resources
- LATEST Grants & Funding
- LATEST Contests around Africa
- LATEST News and MORE!
- Join our Telegram channel so you’ll never miss an opportunity. Simply CLICK HERE, and you’re in!